Dealing with depression and anxiety

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know; I don't drive, but I have a fear of having to drive other people around since you are supposed to entertain them and concentrate at the same time - a recipe for disaster. :insatiable:
No, when you're driving, your focus is on the road, not being entertainment for others.
I've had to drive a few bandmates home when they were too drunk or stoned to get behind the wheel. My job is to get them home in one piece. If they still need entertainment, I could drop them off on the side of the road and let them entertain themselves.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
No, when you're driving, your focus is on the road, not being entertainment for others.
I've had to drive a few bandmates home when they were too drunk or stoned to get behind the wheel. My job is to get them home in one piece. If they still need entertainment, I could drop them off on the side of the road and let them entertain themselves.
Very true. What I like to tell my passengers is, "I have the power to end your life. You have the power to make it more likely."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've actually driven stoned and it isn't a pleasent experience, for sure. Makes me more paranoid and extra cautious when driving.

Like, if it's one thing just to go from one place to another, mainly to pick up some food cause, you know.... Munchies. But I've actually done hour trips high and it certainly can make you paranoid.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I've actually driven stoned and it isn't a pleasent experience, for sure. Makes me more paranoid and extra cautious when driving.

Like, if it's one thing just to go from one place to another, mainly to pick up some food cause, you know.... Munchies. But I've actually done hour trips high and it certainly can make you paranoid.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow I see my therapist for the first time.... And of course, because of my current issues, I'm very paranoid about what's going to happen. :rolleyes: stupid anxiety.

Then again, I guess that's to be expected when you're pretty much new to therapy.....

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow I see my therapist for the first time.... And of course, because of my current issues, I'm very paranoid about what's going to happen. :rolleyes: stupid anxiety.

Then again, I guess that's to be expected when you're pretty much new to therapy.....
Good luck.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So.... After seeing my therapist yesterday, it definitely made me think of alot of stuff.

I'm going to start using a dump thought journal (which right now I have been doing) and most likely start taking yoga and tai chi classes..... Which I honestly hope aren't too expensive.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yoga sucks man, don't bother with it. Unless you're incredibly, incredibly flexible and a contortionist, you're just going to be miserable and uncomfortable the entire time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yoga sucks man, don't bother with it. Unless you're incredibly, incredibly flexible and a contortionist, you're just going to be miserable and uncomfortable the entire time.
I'm willing to give it a try. I tried a class for free when I was setting up paperwork for my (what would have been) final project for bachelor's (a guided meditation video) before my client (her name is Stephanie by the way) sadly decided to cancel the project during what would have been my final quarter (happens). I was really stressed out at the time, and it definitely helped.