The Doctor Who Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/doctor-who-cast-premiere-date-photo-1201889873/
The full main cast has been announced...along with the news that Series 11 might only have 10 episodes. :sigh:
On the bright side the episodes will be slightly longer, meaning less rushed and clunky stories. But, anyway, this is super exciting, I definitely wasn't expecting the news about the companions today at all. This could mean that they start filming soon. Also, wow, three companions, I hope they're all able to get a good amount of development so we don't end up with another fifth Doctor situation. I will say, I know most of the Doctor's friends are supposed to represent normal, everyday people, but I wish that Ryan guy had a less generic name

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
On the bright side the episodes will be slightly longer, meaning less rushed and clunky stories.
Yeah, there's that. :fanatic:
Also, wow, three companions, I hope they're all able to get a good amount of development so we don't end up with another fifth Doctor situation.
Hence the :sigh:. We've got three new characters to get to know (four if you count Jodie's Doctor) and two less episodes to get to know them in.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The 13th Doctor's costume has been revealed and it looks pretty good!
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41928500

I wasn't quite sure what to think about it at first because it looks a bit like a mom from the 80s who just came home from a long day at the office. But, after a few minutes of inspection, I really like it. I love the long overcoat and the suspenders, and the colorful stripes kind of help it all pop. Anyways, it's miles better than the 6th Doctor's outfit.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
But the TARDIS is still blue! Blue is a boy color! And she's a girl! I demand that they paint the TARDIS pink!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah! And she's not even wearing a dress! Won't that confuse viewers about her gender? :stick_out_tongue:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
And what's the point of having a female Doctor if they don't put her in a tight-fitting, low-cut top? If I don't have anything to oogle at, I'M NOT GOING TO WATCH!!!1!!

In all seriousness, it's nice to finally see the blind ragers have either calmed down, or followed through on their threats to leave the fanbase. For the first time on a Jodie related article I've seen, most of the comments were positive.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
AUGH! I thought I was ready but i'm not! Filming pictures from this week show Jodie Whittaker still wearing 12's clothes. It just dawned on me that Capaldi's really gone. :cry::

It feels almost like someone killed my friend and put on their clothes as if nothing happened. I binged all the other Doctors' (9-11) episodes within a few months and loved them to pieces, but Capaldi, he's the first Doctor that i've actually watched while he was still on the show. Been watching him grow and change for three years. It's gonna be hard to say goodbye.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
In less than 24 hours Jodie Whittaker will officially be The Doctor! Can't wait!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I haven't seen the actual special yet, but I've seen a screenshot of Jodie in action and she's got a grin that rivals Tom Baker's. I'm sold.