Where are the older humans?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, when has there ever been age discrimination on SS?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in recent years, SW has brought on a lot of new employees that previously worked for Viacom, so there's a much more "corporate" approach to handling the show these days, hence many of the changes we've seen in recent years.
Guess that explains why some clips have been going bye bye.

I have no respect for Viacom outside of the fact that they've taken down clips AND tried getting our personal information.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hadn't even considered that connection, but now that you mention, it kind of makes sense now: never caring about what we've uploaded over the years (heck, in addition to full episodes, I even had the full Big Bird's Birthday special uploaded at one point), then all of the sudden not only taking down content, but threatening us if we continue to do so? Yeah, it makes perfect sense now. . . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the day Viacom tries to sue YouTube for a 4th time and threatens to have spies come and hack into their system until their 0.5 clips are taken down.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still a little sore that they dished out a copyright strike against me years ago for uploading a HEY ARNOLD! YouTube Poop, but then again, they don't seem to understand the concept of Fair Use.

But . . . I've also gotten copyright strikes from Twentieth Century Fox, Universal, and I think even Disney for YouTube Poops, so I guess nothing is sacred. I still maintain a lingering concern in the back of my mind that CBS will eventually nuke my one and only HOGAN'S HEROES/SST crossover poop.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, no. I highly doubt it's any of the Viacom folks behind any recent takedowns. Remember back when they had tons of Sesame stuff removed? It's because of the Noggin logo, not the Sesame content.

As I said, they have every right to do this sort of thing; it's their material, not ours. It's not ideal and it's weird that they've been so lenient until now, but if they're seeing it as a problem, they have the authority to do so.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember back when they had tons of Sesame stuff removed? It's because of the Noggin logo, not the Sesame content.
True, but we're talking about how some of the new SW staff members are former Viacom employees, not the Viacom company itself.

You're right, it is their right, and they have been lenient until now, but I think @LittleJerry92 raises an interesting point as to why they're suddenly not so lenient with anybody anymore; like with any other business, ideals and attitudes change as the staff changes.