Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, if we're going to go that route, I didn't have my training wheels taken off till I was about eight or nine.
I got my training wheels taken off when I was five, but I couldn't actually ride until I was fourteen.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
-Like many, I used to think the film Anastesia was a Disney movie
-I used to think the majority of AC/DC songs sound alike for some reason
-My friend and I used to entertain ourselves by coming up with ridiculous (sometimes inappropriate) made up Pokémon and Lilo & Stitch Experiments
-We also used to list funny ways to get kicked out of Walmart
-I had a dragon puppet that I called Snarf (yeah, like the one from Thundercats. Totally original *rolls eyes*) and at family/friend gatherings, I would always stand up in front of everyone and put on a show using Snarf
-One time, I was at a flea market and I saw a Boohbah doll next to a very inappropriate hat that read "Crazy B#tch". I then put the hat on the Boohbah doll and took a picture of it.
-I used to think that Cobra Bubbles from Lilo and Stitch was Lilo's dad for inexplicit reason (they clearly said that her dad was dead at the beginning of the film so I don't know why I thought that)
-One time when I was 7 or 8, we were at the movie theater, the movie was late so I decided to stand up and tell people jokes. Mom wasn't used amused and made sure we left.
-I only played the video game, Scribblenauts when I was a kid so I could summon awesome mythical creatures and dinosaurs rather than playing the actual game.
-Despite the warning before each episode, I accidentally turned on [adult swim] when I was a kid and got myself hooked on American Dad (my parents knew what I was watching and they didn't care. Dad even showed me the Halloween one that Fall and we loved it)
-I once ate two small bags of Hot Fries with nothing to drink (terrible idea)
-I once hit myself in the head with a hammer to be funny when I was little (sounds like something Johnny Knoxville and the Jack*** guys would do)
-We have an old family video of me singing the Casper the Friendly Ghost theme song........to the tune of the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (Why!? :confused:)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
1971. I was three, my sister was eight.
My sister went to dancing school and the time came for her big recital. Ten girls dressed up in their pink ballerina tutus doing their rendition of "Swan Lake".
Guess who's little kid brother ran up halfway through the performance, and started to boogie like there was no tomorrow.

Of course the audience loved it, but my sister and her fellow ballerinas wanted to hang me from the highest tree. And who could blame them?
I got what-for when I got home, but it planted a seed. I LOVED performing in front of a crowd. Never got stage fright, never cared if I bombed, turn me loose and I'll put on a show for ya!
(No wonder, as soon as I was old enough, I joined a band).

A couple years later I made my official performing debut. Our first grade class got to sing songs from Sesame Street. The occasion was celebrating Sesame still going strong after five years (ONLY FIVE???!!!).

My group got to sing ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (it's the longest Polish name I ever seen!) and the obscure "What Makes Music". Even at that early age, I loved being up there singing my a$$ off.

Other songs included "Rubber Duckie", "Up and Down", "People In Your Neighborhood", etc. But the kids who got the best gig were the ones who sang "I Love Trash". They each had a trash can in front of them filled with empty cans, plastic bottles, and get this! They got to throw this stuff into the audience! I doubt you could get away with this today, but in those pre-sue-happy times, the sky was the limit.

Thank you, Karen. I'm sorry I ruined your ballet dance, but your kid brother had to start somewhere. Since then, I've been fortunate enough to play in countless bars, clubs, do sales presentations, do a little acting, and testify in different churches. All leading up to now, singing in church every Sunday for the past 15 years, praising and worshipping Him in song.
Give this fuzzy guy a stage, a few lights, and a microphone, it becomes showtime!

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Funny Things I Said/Thought As a Kid:Simpsons Edition

-I used to get Homer and Bart confused
-I thought Bart's voice sounded like Lucy from Charlie Brown for whatever reason
-When I first saw her, I thought Marge was supposed to be The Bride of Frankenstein with blue hair
-I still get Terri and Sherri confused (only the biggest Simpsons nerds on the planet could tell those two apart)
-I used to think that Groundskeeper Willie and Shrek had the same voice actor (it was the Scottish accent)
-I've always thought that the Simpsons donuts look gross (pink frosting and sprinkles isn't the least bit appealing to me)
-Because of his low intelligence level, I used to think that Moe was named after Moe from The Three Stooges (actually, Matt Groening hasn't unconfirmed that. Maybe he is)
-The music to The Simpsons theme song used to sound like the Flintstones Theme Song to me for some reason
-I used to call Happy Tree Friends "Itchy and Scratchy meets Care Bears"
-I used to refer to Barney as simply "the drunk guy" because for the longest time, I didn't know he had a name
-I once compared Bart Simpson to Eric Cartman from South Park. Now that I think about it, there is absolutely no comparison between the two. Bart is just a brat who plays pranks but there are lines he never crosses. Cartman on the other hand, forced a kid to eat chili made out of his own parents. Yeah, that's a pretty big difference!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I used to play Q*Bert on my aunt's old Atari, but not for the reasons most people played it. I only remember playing the game because I thought it was hilarious that the creature always said
"!@#$%^*" and that reminded me of how comic books intentionally censor swear words (even though it's really supposed to be an alien language).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
*nervously gulps*. Okay, let's get this one out of the way. It's time to talk about the many stupid mistakes I used to make about Happy Tree Friends before I became a hardcore fan. Some of these would probably get laughed at if I told them to even non-HTF fans:
-I used to think Disco BEAR was a lion.
-I once said "Why doesn't Mime talk?".........the sad part is:I wasn't joking.
-I used to think Toothy was female due to the fact that he's pink and has a high voice
-When I first saw her, I thought Giggles was a bear (Which in my defense:a tailless chipmunk is kind of confusing. Because of how she lacks a tail, I thought she was supposed to be a teddy bear-type bear character)
-Due to the fact that he's an ant eater with glasses, I thought Sniffles's design was supposed to be a reference to Arthur Read for the longest time. Although Arthur is an aardvark, which is completely different
-I thought Buddhist Monkey was a Mucha Lucha character the first time I saw a picture of him (he's not on the show very often and he wears a mask. That one makes a little bit of sense)
-This isn't anything bad, but when I was younger I used to bring the show up whenever my friend would use the term "for sh*ts and giggles". I would jokingly say:
"You want to see Giggles take a *****!? That's disgusting!"

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Out of boredom, I decided to start my old phone back up and look through the photo gallery. Apparently, when I was like 12 to 13, I used to take pictures of my Littlest Pet Shop toys kissing.

Just... why? :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said in other threads, I was no exception to the Pokemon bandwagon when it first came to America in 1998. The show was only on the air for maybe a month or so, and it was still a couple of months or before merchandise actually started showing up in the toy stores, but I remember one day finding an old little plastic ball of some sort on the school grounds: it could open in half, one half was red, the other half was blue - I kept it for quite a while because to me, it was like a miniature Poke Ball. I don't even know what eventually happened to that ball, but yeah.