Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was younger, I was at the house of a family friend who was a teenage girl that loved all those Disney and Nick sitcoms. One day, she was watching Wizards of Waverly Place and I heard Selena Gomez (I don't know her name on the show) say
"One time, I saw a YouTube video of Big Bird rapping," or something like that. I found that really funny because I'm sure that somebody out there probably made a YouTube Poop of Big Bird doing that just because of the brief reference in that Wizards episode lol.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
The main captain from The Orville has a Kermit doll on his desk and he even said "Kermit is my hero!". It warmed my heart to hear that :cry:
I think that also has something to do with the fact that Seth MacFarlane, dude who made Family Guy and the actor who plays the main captain on The Orville, is a big Muppet fan (plenty of Muppet references in Family Guy) and, MacFarlane just did a cover of 'The First Time It Happens' on his most recent album:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I think that also has something to do with the fact that Seth MacFarlane, dude who made Family Guy and the actor who plays the main captain on The Orville, is a big Muppet fan (plenty of Muppet references in Family Guy) and, MacFarlane just did a cover of 'The First Time It Happens' on his most recent album:

I always assumed he was a Muppet fan because not only does he reference them all the time but he treats them surprisingly positive compared to other things he likes to make fun of on his shows. Muppets, Star Wars, Star Trek, and The Flintstones are the only things that are sacred on Family Guy, everything else gets a hard time lol.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score

This is the Key & Peele sketch, Substitute Teacher Part 2 and, Mr. Garvey (character Keegan Michael Key is playing here), tells one of the kids, Blake (who he calls Beh-la-kay) that he has big 'Fraggle Rock hair'

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of the boys on Stranger Things has a Dark Crystal poster in his room

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
There's an episode of the Disney Channel show Bunk'd called "Waka, Waka, Waka!", and we all know what - or should I say who - that's (probably) a reference to. I don't watch the show, but I just happened to notice this while channel surfing.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There's an episode of the Disney Channel show Bunk'd called "Waka, Waka, Waka!", and we all know what - or should I say who - that's (probably) a reference to. I don't watch the show, but I just happened to notice this while channel surfing.
I've noticed that people also say "Waka, waka, waka" (spelled that way not as
Wocka Wocka) to imitate the sound that Pac-Man makes so it could also be a reference to that.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'll probably be posting on this thread soon because Oscar the Grouch showed up in the new Robot Chicken season trailer :smile:.