The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, I'm wondering, am I the only one around here who disliked BTL? I'm not saying that I outright hated it, I mean it had some good things going for it, and the puppets were all really fun, but overall, I felt like it was trying too hard to be a blatant SST copy, just set in a library instead of an innercity street.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I'm wondering, am I the only one around here who disliked BTL? I'm not saying that I outright hated it, I mean it had some good things going for it, and the puppets were all really fun, but overall, I felt like it was trying too hard to be a blatant SST copy, just set in a library instead of an innercity street.
You sure you don't mean Bacon Lettuce Tomato?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
:big_grin:

In seriousness though, I see it more as a potential copy of the Electric Company than Sesame Street.... But then again, I guess both can be thrown into that category.

On two random notes, the band that had Paul Jacobs doing lead ( "Sloppy Pop" and "Sometimes Y") always reminded me of How Now Brown songs.... Probably cause of the new wave music and music video style of the songs. Also, I honestly remember the Chicken Jane cartoons used to bother me alot when I was a kid.... Probably cause Dott and Scott were always just so oblivious.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I loved Between The Lions, because I was in my 30's when it came on, and it was a kid's show a grown-up like me could watch all the way through and not feel out of place.
Great writing from Christopher Cerf, Norman Stiles, and company.
Since Jim's death, this and The Puzzle Place were the two PBS shows that still made me feel at home.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Duuuude the puzzle place!

Def a fave from my childhood. I especially loved the piece police. Sooo colorful.