Questions about anything

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
What ever happened to Frank Oz's voice? I'm sure no one can give me a definite answer but, somewhere around the late 80s his voice started to get noticeably lower in pitch, and just kept dropping until it was extremely obvious in the late 90s before he left. You can easily hear it with all of his characters, but I think Miss Piggy's voice was the most obvious. She went from sounding pretty feminine to sounding almost like an old drunk drag queen. I suppose it might have been age, but the changes starting to become obvious when he was in his forties. Maybe he was a smoker and that damaged his voice? Perhaps years of doing all those raspy/falsetto voices finally caught up with him?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
What ever happened to Frank Oz's voice? I'm sure no one can give me a definite answer but, somewhere around the late 80s his voice started to get noticeably lower in pitch, and just kept dropping until it was extremely obvious in the late 90s before he left. You can easily hear it with all of his characters, but I think Miss Piggy's voice was the most obvious. She went from sounding pretty feminine to sounding almost like an old drunk drag queen. I suppose it might have been age, but the changes starting to become obvious when he was in his forties. Maybe he was a smoker and that damaged his voice? Perhaps years of doing all those raspy/falsetto voices finally caught up with him?
I've seen videos of Frank smoking cigars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed some people's voices continue to deepen well into adulthood as well, for whatever reason. Dick Sargent (Darrin #2 from BEWITCHED) had a noticably deeper voice in some of his last interviews before he died as I recall.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Kermit used to sing,
"It's not easy being green.
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer, being red or yellow or gold,
Or something much more colorful like that"
Has anyone noticed the color of the leaves recently?

And if some wise guy says "BROWN!", you better start running before I smack you!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What if a Snickers bar was actually just a Milky Way bar but with peanuts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is. Or, that Milky Way is a Snickers bar without peanuts.

Then again, isn't Baby Ruth essentially the same as Snickers?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is. Or, that Milky Way is a Snickers bar without peanuts.

Then again, isn't Baby Ruth essentially the same as Snickers?
Milky Way and Snickers have different flavored nougat. Milky Way is a chocolate malt flavored nougat, and I haven't figured out what Snickers nougat is (my sister said it was peanut butter flavored at one point). Can't say much about Baby Ruth, though.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not too far from me is the M&M/Mars factory (Hackettstown, NJ) where Snickers and Milky Way are made.
Anywhere within a mile of the factory, the smell of chocolate is strong enough to give you a contact high.

If you never tried this, take a Snickers, Milky Way, or 3 Musketeers bar, put it in the freezer for an hour. Man, better than ice cream!