Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanksgiving really isn't much of a secular holiday anyway, so it's easy to see why retail really has nothing much to do with it. I mean, it's had to make money off a holiday that's supposed to be about being thankful for what you already have.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thanksgiving really isn't much of a secular holiday anyway, so it's easy to see why retail really has nothing much to do with it. I mean, it's had to make money off a holiday that's supposed to be about being thankful for what you already have.
Yeah, until the following day everyone goes to stores and literally shove and push people out of the way, get into cat fights and have security called because they're so out of control. :rolleyes:

Though I might participate this year if and ONLY if I have some money left over from RI comic Con.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm also mad, because every year I tell my mom not to get me anything for Christmas, but she always does anyway, and frankly, it's getting really old: I'm way past the age of opening presents on Christmas morning, not to mention half the time she gets me things I already have anyway, or things I don't need and then end up taking space in my closet. Anyway, last year, she said she finally got the point, and promised me she wouldn't get me anything anymore (unless I specifically ask for something) . . . and as of this summer, she's already broken that promise, and apparently has been Christmas shopping for me again all along.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's amazing how Christmas changes as you get older. At this point, I just like spending time with friends and family.

I'm waiting for the day I'll pretty much be dead asleep by 11 when New Year's comes around.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I've been without TV for the entire month of October, I wouldn't know anything about the annual shoving of the Lois Lane of holidays down our throats. Yeah, you heard me, think about it because in almost every single holiday special one of the major plotpoints is how Christmas has to be saved for everyone to rejoice. Meh, personally I prefer the happiness that Halloween brings about and then when we get to December to continue with the spirit of Cryptmas. Yes, Cryptmas, the glorious result of what happened that fateful time that two holidays met by mistake.

So as the well-known saying goes... Merry Cryptmas to all, and to all a good fright! :batty: :scary: :grr:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's so much stress and upset in the world right now, I have no problem with the holidays coming early. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was ready and rearin' to get into Halloween this year, I was really in the mood for it this year for whatever reason, but . . . again, there just seemed to be a general lack of Halloween spirit this year, I really don't know why.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Yeah...I'd say they're pushing it a bit too quickly . One of my friends Online said that they're playing Christmas music on a station near him! :rolleyes: Wait until the day after Thanksgiving for the love of :jim:. Also Hallmark Channel started their Christmas movies before Halloween (they were supposed to wait til after Halloween. )

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of Christmas music, I'm willing to bet that in following the new format of the last couple of years that Comcast/xfinity's Sounds of the Seasons Christmas music lineup will feature less from the likes of Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams, Perry Como, Bing Crosby, and Dean Martin, and a whole lot from Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Meghan Trainor, Kelly Clarkson, and Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust.