The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, it turns out that not only did Papa John's endorse Trump, but John himself is blaming Kaepernick and other NFL players for the sudden drop in their pizza sales. Guess I won't be ordering from them anymore.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I gained 15 pounds since my last appointment, and now I have to start losing weight.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not like Papa Johns had good pizza to begin with.
I thought their pizza was pretty good. Maybe not as good as a higher-tier chain like Pizza Hut, but certainly a lot better than pathetic Domino's.

But gee, more and more dirt has been surfacing about Papa John himself today: not wanting to insure his employees, hiking prices to make up for "losses" to pay for employee insurance, treating employees like crap, all other kinds of unethical business practices . . . leaves a bad taste in your mouth (literally and figuratively).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I haven't had too many problems with domino's.... Though maybe that's just cause I don't get their tomato sauce (Alfredo and garlic guy).... And I love the garlic flavor on the crust.

Though I really love their cheesey bread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh, that time of the year again: boxelders and ladybugs swarming all over the place. Some yellow jackets too, which is a little late in the year for them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not like Papa Johns had good pizza to begin with.
If anyone ever comes out to Noo Joisey, there are two excellent pizza joints in my town. Both have been around forever. One is Frank's, the other is Vincenzo's. Either one puts the chains to shame.
Frank's is the real deal. Family owned and operated, you become an honorary Italian when you walk in the door, and they always have Italian soccer on tv.
(Football, actually. Soccer as we Americans know it).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Why is it the New States that have city areas have the best pizza?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Noo Joisey.
I don't really like Joisey (but, I'm from there and stuck there for a bit longer lol) but, we do have decent pizza. There's a great family-owned place not far from my town called Joey D's and we order from them frequently, great prices and great pizza :smile: Family-owned pizza joints will always beat out those large chains.

And if all else fails, DiGornio works too :laugh: