Dumbest Commercials You've Seen

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There a few TV commercials that I absolutely can't stand. They are:
-Those old KFC ones with "I ate the bones". The fact that anyone would think a slogan that basically implies somebody choking is appropriate for anything related to food seems a bit backwards to me.
-That old one of the pig going "WEE-WEEE-WEEEE!" in the car. I thought it was hilarious at first, but as I saw the commercial more and more the less funny it became. A friend of mine at school even joked about making that "Weee-weee-weee!" thing his alarm clock sound. Yeah, if I had an alarm clock that sounded like that it would probably drive me crazy.
-Jake from State Farm. This thing has been overused to death. They've played it over and over again for years and they were STILL airing this commercial as late as last Summer. It wasn't that funny to begin with and they overuse of it caused to turn from simply a lame joke to absolutely annoying. Also, the fact that they used the Coneheads (which are the only recurring SNL skits I cannot stand) to remake the commercial causes me to dislike them even more.
-Those disgusting anti-smoking PSAs. I know that they are trying to send a message about how smoking is gross and unhealthy but just how far they go with the disturbing grossout imagery makes me think that these commercials are made by young people pursuing a writing career in the horror genre who are getting their start making anti smoking PSAs.
-I love the video game Spore, but I've always found the commercial to be a bit misleading to what the game is actually about. They make the graphics look WAY better than they actually are and make the game seem like some Minecraft-like "create your own universe" sandbox game when it's really just an RPG. Sure it has an emphasis on customizable content but considering the obvious inspiration the Creature Stage of the game takes from the highly popular Diablo series, it's definitely supposed to be an RPG not the huge world building game the commercial makes it out to be.
Yeah, that's cute and all but it's certainly not the same Spore I've played all this time.
-The classic "It's so easy a caveman could do it" ones from Geico. I just don't think it's that clever or funny like the majority of Geico commercials are. It doesn't hold a candle to the funny, memorable gecko with a British accent I can tell you that.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
If there's one commercial that was funny at first but then really got old, it's Geico's "Hump Day".

But as for the dumbest ads I've seen, a lot of local ones from where I live are really stupid and cheesy. Probably the worst I can think of is for this furniture place called American Freight. The ads for it are the most grating thing you will ever hear. The guy narrating speaks in the most loud and obnoxious voice, and he sounds like he chugged down an entire six pack of Red Bull. And he. Does not. Shut. Up. Literally the whole 30 second ad is just him rambling on and on and on nonstop about furniture on sale. Every time it comes on, I scramble to find the remote and hit the mute button.

I don't feel like posting the link here, but you'll probably find it on YouTube by searching "american freight". It has to be seen/heard to be believed.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
If there's one commercial that was funny at first but then really got old, it's Geico's "Hump Day".

But as for the dumbest ads I've seen, a lot of local ones from where I live are really stupid and cheesy. Probably the worst I can think of is for this furniture place called American Freight. The ads for it are the most grating thing you will ever hear. The guy narrating speaks in the most loud and obnoxious voice, and he sounds like he chugged down an entire six pack of Red Bull. And he. Does not. Shut. Up. Literally the whole 30 second ad is just him rambling on and on and on nonstop about furniture on sale. Every time it comes on, I scramble to find the remote and hit the mute button.

I don't feel like posting the link here, but you'll probably find it on YouTube by searching "american freight". It has to be seen/heard to be believed.
Speaking of furniture, the Doritos one where the guy's furniture starts talking is so pointless that I find it almost irritating.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score

The Redbull one sounds kind of like this lol

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Speaking of Family Guy, these commercials right here were so weird that they deserved to get a Family Guy joke at their expense and I'm not surprised that they did lol
Fun fact:This skit is the only stop-motion animated cutaway in Family Guy history and it's done by the same animators behind Robot Chicken.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
There a few TV commercials that I absolutely can't stand. They are:
-Those old KFC ones with "I ate the bones". The fact that anyone would think a slogan that basically implies somebody choking is appropriate for anything related to food seems a bit backwards to me.
-That old one of the pig going "WEE-WEEE-WEEEE!" in the car. I thought it was hilarious at first, but as I saw the commercial more and more the less funny it became. A friend of mine at school even joked about making that "Weee-weee-weee!" thing his alarm clock sound. Yeah, if I had an alarm clock that sounded like that it would probably drive me crazy.
-Jake from State Farm. This thing has been overused to death. They've played it over and over again for years and they were STILL airing this commercial as late as last Summer. It wasn't that funny to begin with and they overuse of it caused to turn from simply a lame joke to absolutely annoying. Also, the fact that they used the Coneheads (which are the only recurring SNL skits I cannot stand) to remake the commercial causes me to dislike them even more.
-Those disgusting anti-smoking PSAs. I know that they are trying to send a message about how smoking is gross and unhealthy but just how far they go with the disturbing grossout imagery makes me think that these commercials are made by young people pursuing a writing career in the horror genre who are getting their start making anti smoking PSAs.
-I love the video game Spore, but I've always found the commercial to be a bit misleading to what the game is actually about. They make the graphics look WAY better than they actually are and make the game seem like some Minecraft-like "create your own universe" sandbox game when it's really just an RPG. Sure it has an emphasis on customizable content but considering the obvious inspiration the Creature Stage of the game takes from the highly popular Diablo series, it's definitely supposed to be an RPG not the huge world building game the commercial makes it out to be.
Yeah, that's cute and all but it's certainly not the same Spore I've played all this time.
-The classic "It's so easy a caveman could do it" ones from Geico. I just don't think it's that clever or funny like the majority of Geico commercials are. It doesn't hold a candle to the funny, memorable gecko with a British accent I can tell you that.
Do you mean Maxwell The Pig from Geico?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Dumbest commercials I've seen. My gosh, too many to even begin! I asked my sister this question, and she shouted "Oh Lord!"

Several Geico ads come to mind, especially ones that started out as a product for one thing, and turned into a Geico ad ("This product is awesome, but it can't save you 10 percent on car insurance by switching to Geico!" or something like that) I never liked the cave men commercials, either. The gekko also got old after the first few commercials, too.

Energizer's "bait-and-switch" commercials. You think it's an ad for some product, and suddenly, it's interrupted by the Enegerizer Bunny coming in ("still going!")

There was an Orkin ad where la cucarachas were crawling all over the TV screen, and I always thought there actually were cockroaches crawling on my screen! (when it comes to creatures that have more than four legs, I am a complete priss)

Head on, apply directly to the forehead! Head on, apply directly to the forehead!

There's one I've seen lately when I'm at my parents' house that looks like a Justin Bieber wanna-be singing about insurance or a law firm, or something like that (I hate Justin Bieber's music!)

Considering I collect old commercials, you'd think I'd have an easier time coming up with stupid ones that I've seen, but I can't! Go figure.