Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anywhere within a mile of the factory, the smell of chocolate is strong enough to give you a contact high.
I know exactly what you mean: my dad's previous workplace backed up to a coffee factory, so you could smell the stuff in the air every morning.

Likewise, there's a stretch of road in one of our communities that's literally nothing but fast food restaurants (in fact, because this same community also houses a man-made duck pond, Judgemental Maps refers to this area are "Ducks n Burgers"): when the weather is cold, you can just smell the aroma of burgers, chicken sandwiches, tacos, and Arby's in the air.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I got a question for you, Snowthy.
In the M*A*S*H episode "Adam's Ribs", when the ribs finally come and are being served (No coleslaw. Rookie mistake.) it's not Igor, but two other grunts who serve them to Hawkeye, Trapper, and company.
Any idea who they are?

Plus, if word got out there were BBQ ribs in the camp, wouldn't you expect a mob scene? Towards the end of the series ("A Holy Mess") everyone went nuts over fresh eggs. That's nothing compared to ribs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I thought one of the servers was Igor . . . I'd have to go back and check again, but I know he and Goldman were the ones serving the liver or fish earlier in the episode. And BTW, have you even noticed that in addition to being a background corpsman on M*A*S*H for all eleven seasons, Roy Goldman was also a background prisoner on HOGAN'S HEROES for all six seasons? On HOGAN'S HEROES, Goldman was also frequently seen in the background with a black prisoner who was also a background corpsman in several early episodes of M*A*S*H (often wearing one of those wool jeep caps like Radar wore).

But you're right, any time real food was to be had in camp, everybody went nuts over it. Remember "Too Many Cooks" where Klinger turned the Mess Tent into a makeshift 5-star restaurant with Private Paul Conway and his schmeer of tantilizing meals like spam parmesean, breaded spam cutlets, duck l'orange with no duck and no l'orange?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I thought one of the servers was Igor . . . I'd have to go back and check again, but I know he and Goldman were the ones serving the liver or fish earlier in the episode. And BTW, have you even noticed that in addition to being a background corpsman on M*A*S*H for all eleven seasons, Roy Goldman was also a background prisoner on HOGAN'S HEROES for all six seasons? On HOGAN'S HEROES, Goldman was also frequently seen in the background with a black prisoner who was also a background corpsman in several early episodes of M*A*S*H (often wearing one of those wool jeep caps like Radar wore).

But you're right, any time real food was to be had in camp, everybody went nuts over it. Remember "Too Many Cooks" where Klinger turned the Mess Tent into a makeshift 5-star restaurant with Private Paul Conway and his schmeer of tantilizing meals like spam parmesean, breaded spam cutlets, duck l'orange with no duck and no l'orange?
You couldn't keep good food a secret for long around the 4077. Radar doling out his ice cream after getting his tonsils out, the nurses conning Hawkeye out of his one good bottle of wine ("Sweet Preserves"). It's amazing Winchester's basket didn't get raided, although he and Margaret got theirs when the canned pheasant made them sick. And at the end of the episode, poor Charles only gets a sliver of one of Paco's hot dogs.

But still the best dish ever served up in the mess tent, for Easter, the spam lamb. With butter pats for eyes!!!! 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have a stupid question.

What exactly is this Rick and Morty thing and why is it so popular that fans are seemingly creating havoc?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Two characters loosely based off Marty and Dr. Emett Brown from Back to the Future that just get in these weird and ridiculous adventures.

Season 2 is where it got more popular. Season 3 is sadly where the fanbase started showing their colors.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, every fandom has it's loud, crazy, obnoxious fans. And they're usually the minority, but the sad part is that they're so loud that they become impossible to ignore and they ruin the fun for everyone else. Take the Steven Universe fandom for example; It's garnered a pretty bad reputation over the past year or so. All I ever hear is how awful and toxic the fandom is. Yet, I have literally never encountered any of these terrible fans that somehow take away some people's enjoyment of the show. Don't get me wrong, I know they're out there, I mean, they almost drove one fan to attempt suicide at some point, and even scared one of the show's storyboard artist's off of Twitter. But I have been on Reddit message boards, art circles on Tumblr, Instagram, and DeviantArt, watched thoughtful video essays of the show, and read thousands of Youtube comments (which are often surprisingly civil), i've seen their comments on social media, and I have still yet to come across any of these psycho fans that are supposedly the majority.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meh, I just remember what a toxic fandom the Whose Line fandom was. Don't get me wrong, I've long gotten over and moved past it, but that was perhaps my first experience with a fandom where almost everybody went out of their way to treat people with different opinions like crap . . . imagine if you will a fandom where 90% of the fans behaved like a certain member here who I can't refer to by name, but has become infamous for his behavior in which he attacks everyone who doesn't agree with his sugar-coated opinions of Disney.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the day the Stranger Things fandom gets hit.... I'm calling it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Meh, I just remember what a toxic fandom the Whose Line fandom was. Don't get me wrong, I've long gotten over and moved past it, but that was perhaps my first experience with a fandom where almost everybody went out of their way to treat people with different opinions like crap . . . imagine if you will a fandom where 90% of the fans behaved like a certain member here who I can't refer to by name, but has become infamous for his behavior in which he attacks everyone who doesn't agree with his sugar-coated opinions of Disney.
I know who you are talking about. And I have moved on from Whose Line as well.