STRANGER THINGS!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Re-watching the first season, a couple of things to point out:

1) seeing 11 locked in a dark enclosed room is definitely always tough to watch since I'm claustrophobic and have been in situations where I'm trapped in a room with no space.

2) I hate the sound of cats hissing.... And growling.

3) Barb's death I thought was kind of predictable.... Kill the nerdy characters.

4) why is it "Strange Things" from Toy Story keeps popping up in my head from watching this show?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Re-watching the first season, a couple of things to point out:

1) seeing 11 locked in a dark enclosed room is definitely always tough to watch since I'm claustrophobic and have been in situations where I'm trapped in a room with no space.
All those scenes in the lab were really hard to watch for me, almost completely because of Millie's performance. She really does make Eleven feel so real.
2) I hate the sound of cats hissing.... And growling.
Yeah, cats already kind of give me the creeps. Like, there was this one time when there was a cat in my front lawn. I tried shooing it away, but it didn't move, all it did was just stare at me. It was really unsettling.
3) Barb's death I thought was kind of predictable.... Kill the nerdy characters.
Yeah, as much as I was hoping she would make it, she was the most expendable character. I hope Nancy gets another friend in the future that's not a love interest.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The cat was probably more scared of you then you were of it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I just finished watching Stranger Things 2 a few nights ago the time was 11:11 PM. That's pretty ironic when you consider the name of one of the main characters.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know what I noticed? Every time one of the members of the kids' party is missing, they gain a new one. When Will was missing, they met Eleven, when Eleven was missing Max came along. One thing the writers did well in establishing is that each member has a role within the group. Mike is the level headed leader/ voice of reason, Will seems to be a peacemaker, etc. So, when one of them is missing it really feels like they're missing. When Will was in the Upside Down, it felt like a part of their group was gone. While I loved season 2, it was sad that the team felt so divided, even more so than season 1. Will has been missing/out of it for the entirety of both seasons, so i'm pretty sure he's never shared a scene with El (not counting the Snowball Dance because we didn't see them interact). Meanwhile, he's also barely interacted with Max, and Max has hardly interacted with El. So, that's one of the things i'm most excited to see in season 3 (hopefully), is seeing how those three interact with each other and how they fit into the group now that they're all fully settled.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Huh, never thought of that.

I binged both seasons Thanksgiving weekend when the Sesame spoof came out, just so I could understand the references. I'd never watch a show like that ordinarily (I don't like horror stuff), but I ended up really enjoying it. Took forever for all the pieces to fit together though; I waited the whole season for each group (the kids, teens and adults) to finally be on the same page.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another thing, it was really sad what happened to Bob, but I think we all saw it coming as soon as he first appeared. But, also obviously, they seem to be setting Hopper/Joyce up to be a thing. I was thinking, narratively it would make sense they would end up together given all they've been through, but I was also thinking, if they got married, Will and Eleven would be siblings! And that makes a lot of sense too, because of the trauma they faced relating to the Upside Down.

Huh, never thought of that.

I binged both seasons Thanksgiving weekend when the Sesame spoof came out, just so I could understand the references. I'd never watch a show like that ordinarily (I don't like horror stuff), but I ended up really enjoying it. Took forever for all the pieces to fit together though; I waited the whole season for each group (the kids, teens and adults) to finally be on the same page.
Yeah, i'm not much of a horror fan either, but by the time I finished the second episode I was hooked. And yeah, the first season was a bit slow in some areas and could've shown the three groups interacting at least a little bit earlier in the season. In the season finale, Joyce still felt a bit disconnected from the kids apart from finding Will. I'm really glad Steve got to interact with the kids more in season 2, and he's developed now, to the point where he wasn't a total d-bag about Nancy...
falling for Jonathan.
It could be interesting to see how the three of their relationship plays out in the future. They're seniors in high school, I wonder what the show will be like when they graduate.

Also, I have a question:
Does Joyce know there's a dead demodog in her freezer?!?