When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I know there's umpteen different weight loss reality shows on TV that are supposed to "inspire" and "motivate" overweight and obese people to slim down and get healthier, but when a new one of such shows is hosted by and features Khloe Kardashian, I have to take issue to and offense with that: who in their right minds thinks that a cheap, fake, plastic Krapdashian (and the "illegitimate" Krapdashian at that) is the ideal motivator to help inspire people to lose weight? The Krapdashians have been menaces to society for far too long.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Something I need to get off my mind.

Just looking for a job in my field.

Digital Media is a really tough field to get into, and just handing in job application after application after application after application gets soooo effing repetitive. And honestly all that stress puts in alot of unwanted thoughts like "was going to college a great idea?" Sometimes I feel like not because the one I went to pushed you to your limit too much and it really loved to suck in all your money. On the bright side, it has matured my personality quite alot, but even then, I sometimes feel like it's taken a toll on me like just becoming too much of a serious guy and overanalyzing everything. It almost gets to the point where sometimes I think I might even have bipolar disorder. And another thing that it cost me was my views on the day and night. There are some nights I feel like I just don't even want to go to sleep cause I just have too much to think about.

I'll also be honest, sometimes I find writing down your thoughts helps get stuff off your mind but other days it doesn't. Maybe it's just cause it feels like you can't record your voice onto paper.

But, yeah. I have heard of alot of stories on graduates not being able to find work in their fields and sometimes I wonder if I'm just heading in that direction.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this is my biggest rant against YouTube yet: now they're trying to be like Netflix and put out their own original series . . . this not only further defeats the purpose of YouTube as a means for regular people to share their work on the internet, but this further just screws over the little guys like us because how are we even supposed to compete with actual full-length, full-production series on a platform that was meant for the little people?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I understand your frustration. Getting noticed on YT is hard. Sometimes, you can't force it; things just go viral naturally. Somethings are baffling in how many hits they have and others have fewer than they deserve.

YT creating its own content seems like a natural progression. I get that you're not 100% with streaming stuff and such, but this is the way things are heading in the world of media production. Like it or not, it's the present and future.

Even when YT fails you, there's plenty of ways to make sure the slack can get picked up, like Patreon (which I feel like is more work, but whatever).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this point, I feel this goes far beyond simply trying to get notice or exposure on YouTube or what have you, but rather, this is pretty much almost pulling the rug out from under YouTubers; as many times as this has been said casually in the past, I feel like this could be the beginning of the end of YouTube as a platform that was conceived as a creative outlet for the little people.

Even so, after I finish my own 10 year retrospective next month and my swan song (MORON LEAGUE 4), I planned on calling it quits anyway. At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if the conspiracy theories that have been floating around the internet that YouTube will eventually do away with all smaller channels altogether and focus exclusively on its own original content may actually come true one day down the road. Not that I want that to happen, there's been tons of originality I've enjoyed on YouTube over the years (yeah, I know you don't do Fenwick and Bob Blob anymore, but I still like the old videos from time to time), but at this point, I really wouldn't put it past them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Getting noticed on YouTube is a joke to begin with, unless you upload copyright content or become a partner. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, this is now going far beyond just getting notice on YouTube, this is pretty much taking YouTube away from the people and turning it into something that it wasn't designed for to begin with.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Again, this is now going far beyond just getting notice on YouTube, this is pretty much taking YouTube away from the people and turning it into something that it wasn't designed for to begin with.
YouTube nowadays to me was originally the leader of a group, now it's become vise versa; the generic background character that says nothing and just does what the leader says. They've copied Facebook and are now trying to be like Netflix.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest,

For my own reasons, I've been kind of feeling like an outcast in my own house. It's not the best feeling.