Most Obnoxious Fandoms

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Conversely, when I was a kid, everybody else would not STFU about SpongeBob, and even then I hated that show.

You know how all these bigots keep telling the so-called SJWs to "get out of our country if you don't like it here"? That's pretty much what it was like back then: if you didn't like SpongeBob, you might as well just leave society altogether.
You know, random note, but regarding the term ""SJW", I feel like honestly anybody can pretty much be one, and yes, this includes those conservative who think they're all that.

To me, it all comes down to just shoving your opinions in everyone's faces and then playing the victim when someone disagrees with them (that's just how life works sometimes).

But anyway, another subject for another day. I can see where you're coming from with SpongeBob. Back when it was actually funny.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of those VHS tape commercials videos where they take random trailers and combine them into one huge makeshift VHS tape intro. Yeah, I just don't understand why those people are obsessed with an outdated art form. I grew up with VHS tapes too, but I don't think those videos are the least bit clever or entertaining.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of those VHS tape commercials videos where they take random trailers and combine them into one huge makeshift VHS tape intro. Yeah, I just don't understand why those people are obsessed with an outdated art form. I grew up with VHS tapes too, but I don't think those videos are the least bit clever or entertaining.
Yeah, especially those ones where they put like 50 trailers before the video, making the previews as long as (or longer than) the actual video. What is the deal with that???

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I didn't know people made ones that are extremely long like that. I guess I can kind of understand the appeal of doing a video with like 4 or 5 trailers, but that's a bit much.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Another YouTube trend that gets on my nerves:10 hour videos. Why would people waste their time to upload a video of something looping for 10 hours? I can only imagine how long that would take to upload! Those videos are a waste of time and bandwidth. Being someone who experienced slow Internet for the majority of his life until recently, I consider those videos to be extremely wasteful almost as if people are abusing their powers of having unlimited Internet usage. In a world where not everyone gets unlimited data, that's like throwing away perfectly good food for no reason.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Another YouTube trend that gets on my nerves:10 hour videos. Why would people waste their time to upload a video of something looping for 10 hours? I can only imagine how long that would take to upload! Those videos are a waste of time and bandwidth. Being someone who experienced slow Internet for the majority of his life until recently, I consider those videos to be extremely wasteful almost as if people are abusing their powers of having unlimited Internet usage. In a world where not everyone gets unlimited data, that's like throwing away perfectly good food for no reason.
I think it's just supposed to be a silly challenge to see how long you can survive watching the video. Sorta like those "try not to laugh" videos (which were, in my opinion, much harder and funnier back in the earlier days of YouTube).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I think it's just supposed to be a silly challenge to see how long you can survive watching the video. Sorta like those "try not to laugh" videos (which were, in my opinion, much harder and funnier back in the earlier days of YouTube).
That doesn't seem very enjoyable in my opinion. Watching something looping over and over again for 10 hours isn't a challenge, it's a way to torture somebody.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I mean, I watched a three hour video once - not all at once but y'know.

But wait, does this mean you dislike movies too?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get the 10 hour videos, and in fact, I used to be concerned that it was a blatant example of people abusing YouTube allowing for accounts to be eligible for uploads longer than the 15-minute time limit, which would then ruin it for everybody, then we'd all be back in the time limit . . . I mean heck, we can't add links to comments anymore - even to other videos.

Now, there's a pretty cool 8 hour channel, and it's 8 hours because their videos are specific for people to use for white noise while they sleep; I don't use their videos for that purpose (I have a fan for that), however I sometimes will watch their videos because of the passage of time in some of them:
https://www.youtube.com/user/8HoursOf

(Gamers in particular will appreciate their channel)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm really put out with the Arthur fandom because it's pretty much just full of pedophilic trolls. Both fanfiction.net and deviantART have particularly infamous trolls of the fandom: in FFN's case, said troll keeps writing about the (underaged) characters being castrated, or their genitals rotting off, or going to gay bathhouses; in dA's, as Drtooth has mentioned before, one artist keeps drawing the characters in diapers and giving them nipples that look like Hershey Kisses. Very bothersome.