i have been wondering this about francine from american dad

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i haven been wondering this about Francine from American dad for a long time, i wonder if she was inspired by the earlier version of Pauline from donkey Kong.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't know about that, but I've always thought she was VERY pretty. I do know that Roger (well his voice and attitude at least) is inspired by Uncle Arthur from Bewitched.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I always saw her as that generic beautiful housewife.
well Pauline is pretty too, i guess Francine based her wardrobe and hair off her.if i ever see Seth mcfarline in person, i'm going to ask him that. btw, if you don't know who the character Pauline is, she is the girl in the very first donkey Kong game.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I don't know about that, but I've always thought she was VERY pretty. I do know that Roger (well his voice and attitude at least) is inspired by Uncle Arthur from Bewitched.
well if you look at Pauline from the 80's donkey Kong cartoon, and look at Francine, their wardrobe style is quite similar .

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know this is kind of off topic, but I have another funny fact about one of American Dad's main characters. You know Steve's best friend Snot? There's a reason why they call him that. His voice actor is none other than Curtis Armstrong. I'm sure you are probably scratching your head right now and wondering who Curtis Armstrong could possibly be but here's a hint:He's the guy who played Booger in the movie Revenge of the Nerds. Now you know who I'm talking about don't you? That poor guy is probably stuck being called Booger for the rest of his life. Nobody I know has any idea what his real name is. You say Curtis Armstrong and people scratch their heads but when you say Booger people know exactly the guy your talking about lol.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I know this is kind of off topic, but I have another funny fact about one of American Dad's main characters. You know Steve's best friend Snot? There's a reason why they call him that. His voice actor is none other than Curtis Armstrong. I'm sure you are probably scratching your head right now and wondering who Curtis Armstrong could possibly be but here's a hint:He's the guy who played Booger in the movie Revenge of the Nerds. Now you know who I'm talking about don't you? That poor guy is probably stuck being called Booger for the rest of his life. Nobody I know has any idea what his real name is. You say Curtis Armstrong and people scratch their heads but when you say Booger people know exactly the guy your talking about lol.
i know who you are talking about, and i did not know that was him.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
well if you look at Pauline from the 80's donkey Kong cartoon, and look at Francine, their wardrobe style is quite similar .
I used to think Pauline was the original design for Princess Peach. I didn't know she was her own character with a different name and everything. But after I looked her up, I discovered that Mario wasn't even supposed to be Mario back then. He was his own character called Jumpman that has never been used since. I found that to be quite interesting.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I used to think Pauline was the original design for Princess Peach. I didn't know she was her own character with a different name and everything. But after I looked her up, I discovered that Mario wasn't even supposed to be Mario back then. He was his own character called Jumpman that has never been used since. I found that to be quite interesting.
yes, he didn't receive the name Mario, until the very first Mario game came out , and his name was also revealed in the 80's donkey Kong cartoon. and yes Pauline was her own character, did you know that princess peach was named princess toadstool,before they changed her named to princess peach ? and did you know that bowser was named koopa before they changed his name to bowser ?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
yes, he didn't receive the name Mario, until the very first Mario game came out , and his name was also revealed in the 80's donkey Kong cartoon. and yes Pauline was her own character, did you know that princess peach was named princess toadstool,before they changed her named to princess peach ? and did you know that bowser was named koopa before they changed his name to bowser ?
I'd heard about the Toadstool and Koopa name changes because I used to watch those Super Mario Super Show cartoons sometimes when I was younger.