The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I take it you're not talking about this less-than-stellar NES game that I used to have as a kid:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My dog Lakota who was sick for almost a week is feeling better. I think she's completely healed actually. Just seeing her wagging her tail makes me smile.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I take it you're not talking about this less-than-stellar NES game that I used to have as a kid:

Nope! This game's from 2006, and it's actually pretty decent for a movie-based game.... Since it's not just literally copying and pasting the events from the movies and watering them down.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Two things.

1. I had to take my cat to the vet for her yearly physical and rabies shot, and she's doing great. The vet even wrote "she looks beautiful" on her little "report card." She got all A's on it.

2. My dad sent me a package from Lands End. A tin of English butter toffees. Yum!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had no idea where they were going with this clip at first. I almost started feeling sad until I heard that Kraken pun at the end. I started laughing SO hard after that.
Even if they tried, this show could never successfully pull of a sad moment in my opinion. Sometimes just how those characters look and move is enough to make me laugh. The paper mouths look so unnatural it's almost funny in an anti-uncanny valley type way where it looks so out of the ordinary that it ends up being unintentionally comical rather than creepy :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
OMG! I'm so hyped! Somebody is rebooting my favorite obscure video game series, Fate by making an unofficial fifth game in the series! The series has been over since 2012 and it's refreshing to see another Fate title after so long (whether fan made or not)
Long live mods lol :smile:
Another level called Prometheus has been confirmed as well. This area looks like an unbelievably dangerous lava pit with falling rocks and things like that. You might be wondering what's so exciting about what I just said? The whole concept of Prometheus is something Fate fans have been waiting for for years now. Let me explain, the people who made the second game basically promised to put this world called Prometheus in the game but it was never added to the official product. Fans were wondering whether they had gotten rid of it due to it being overly glitchy or if they had scrapped the idea all together, but either way we wanted to see that level really bad. Years went by and we'd never heard a word about Prometheus whatsoever, much less why they got rid of it. So now, even though it's fan made we'll technically get to finally explore this forbidden level. That's very exciting for people who geek out an over obscure game series to see something they've waited for for a little over a decade. I'm even more hyped for this right now!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Snowball got her lab work back yesterday. I have a healthy kitty. My mom said "at least ONE of the cats is healthy!" (both her cats were having eye issues, but they're okay now).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Snowball got her lab work back yesterday. I have a healthy kitty. My mom said "at least ONE of the cats is healthy!" (both her cats were having eye issues, but they're okay now).
I know how you feel. My dog was sick with a cold for about a week last month and I too was very excited when she started feeling better. Just seeing her wagging her tail made me smile because I knew right away that she was feeling like herself again.