The "You know what?" thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
From now on, the 1998-2001 SST opening theme is going to send shivers down my spine since they opened and closed the SST cast Q&A panel at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo with the instrumental score for that version of the theme.
Why?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I forget what the show is called but I have some great news:I was on a real podcast (my mom was too)! At Comic-Con last month, we sat down and answered a bunch of pop culture related questions on this hilarious geeky game show-type podcast. Mom answered questions about Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity series and I answered ones about The Big Bang Theory. We got pretty much every question right and had a great time doing it. So yeah, I'm the star of one episode of an obscure podcast which I completely forget the name of. It is definitely a legit, real show though. My name is Flaky not Fakey, I'd never make up something so awesome :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was a little kid, I would eat jelly-only sandwiches because I didn't like peanut butter (mainly because I never ate it because I thought it looked gross). When I was a little older and finally had a taste of peanut butter and jelly together, I would eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Now that I'm an adult, I find I tend to eat peanut butter-only sandwiches, because . . . I don't know, I'm not saying I don't like peanut butter and jelly anymore, but somehow just a plain peanut butter sandwich tastes better (and less messy).

I said why. Pay attention please.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
When I was a little kid, I would eat jelly-only sandwiches because I didn't like peanut butter (mainly because I never ate it because I thought it looked gross). When I was a little older and finally had a taste of peanut butter and jelly together, I would eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Now that I'm an adult, I find I tend to eat peanut butter-only sandwiches, because . . . I don't know, I'm not saying I don't like peanut butter and jelly anymore, but somehow just a plain peanut butter sandwich tastes better (and less messy).

I said why. Pay attention please.
Sorry. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking . . . whenever companies begin losing business, their first instinct is to suddenly jack prices for services way up to make up for their losses. I can see why they feel the need to do that, but has it ever occured to them that the reason they're losing business is because competition is offering better prices, and that maybe what they should do is actually lower their prices to beat the competition, because lowering their prices could bring in more business, and more business would bring in more money? I mean, does that make any sense, or am I just crazy?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The Golden Girls is making a comeback. I can understand things like Space Jam, Rugrats, and Courage making comebacks since they are all kids shows from the 90s that millennials would have grown up on. But The Golden Girls seriously.......how many kids actually watched that? I've been seeing Golden Girls merchandise at Hot Topic and Spencer's lately as well as THREE young people wearing Golden Girls shirts at Comic-Con. I think it's kind of surprising because even though it's a 90s show, it wasn't marketed towards kids and had a more adult sense of humor. It certainly wasn't inappropriate or anything, but it wasn't the kind of stuff you normally expect kids to laugh at either.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Golden Girls is making a comeback. I can understand things like Space Jam, Rugrats, and Courage making comebacks since they are all kids shows from the 90s that millennials would have grown up on. But The Golden Girls seriously.......how many kids actually watched that? I've been seeing Golden Girls merchandise at Hot Topic and Spencer's lately as well as THREE young people wearing Golden Girls shirts at Comic-Con. I think it's kind of surprising because even though it's a 90s show, it wasn't marketed towards kids and had a more adult sense of humor. It certainly wasn't inappropriate or anything, but it wasn't the kind of stuff you normally expect kids to laugh at either.
I don’t see anything about the show coming back.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
An interesting thought hit me today:The name of Barney Gumble from The Simpsons was probably somewhat inspired by Barney Rubble. The last name sounds very similar to that of the famous caveman and considering Matt Groening has confirmed that The Flintstones are one of his inspirations. That isn't too far of a stretch at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got analytical today.

In GOOD BURGER, Kenan has to come up with $1,900 to fix Sinbad's car. After getting a job at Good Burger, he tries to do the math: he makes $5 an hour, works six hours a day, five days a week. He estimates it'd take him a lifetime to pay off that much money.

But figuring it out in my head (and this is someone not good with numbers or math, mind you), he'd make about $30 a day, which would add up to $1,500 a week . . . he could easily pay off that estimate (or the eventual final total of $2,500) in just a couple of weeks.