Little things we've noticed

cjd874

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson was still very active on Sesame Street in Season 30. If you recall, Herry played a key part in that season's premiere, when Alan moved into the neighborhood. With Frank Oz directing movies for the majority of the time, Grover and Cookie couldn't have been on SS much. So they brought in Jerry to play Herry, the Count, and the Amazing Mumford on several occasions.

On a side note, I also remember seeing a lot of Ernie in seasons 30-34, not just in Journey to Ernie but in several street scenes as well. Good thing they had Steve Whitmire during this time!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not just street scenes, but I also remember Herry being in a number of inserts and production numbers that season as well: the version of "Moonshine" he did with Zoe, his and Rosita's "Monster Lullabye," and that bit he, Baby Bear, and Grover did with Trisha Yearwood all come to mind.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On a side note, I also remember seeing a lot of Ernie in seasons 30-34, not just in Journey to Ernie but in several street scenes as well. Good thing they had Steve Whitmire during this time!
And at the time that Disney bought the Muppets in 2004, it seems like Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson were the only performers who were active with both the Muppets and Sesame Street, with the other performers primarily working for one or the other (Jerry Nelson was about to retire from the Muppets at the time). Then a few years later, it became a lot less common for Whitmire to do material while Matt Vogel and David Rudman became active with the Muppets. I wonder when Peter Linz became active with Sesame Street (was it in 2011, when he became active with the Muppets via performign Walter?).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Peter apparently has been with SST since the 90s: in one of the recent Below the Frame episodes, he said the first thing he did on SST was perform a pair of dancing bugs in "Night Bug Boogie."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why is it that people like Peter Linz and Pam Aceiro have so rarely gotten to play AMs, despite being on the show for decades? Even Tyler Bunch has been a major player for well over a decade, despite not having a recurring character until last year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least Pam has the advantage of having a major character with Grungetta, but nevertheless, I'm not exactly sure, but isn't performing for SST in a sense a lot like any climbing a corporate ladder in that you have to move up in the ranks before getting to perform more significant characters? I know Richard used to b!+c# about how he had to do a lot of right-handing in his early days with the Muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another little thing I've come to notice is that quite often, Joey Mazzarino's characters have singing voices that noticably differ from their speaking voices.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just realised... Most of the "celebrity montages" feature pretty much every celebrity who appeared on the show that (or the previous) season. The season 25 version of A New Way to Walk appears to have guests from season 25... But as far as I can tell, it doesn't include any appearances by Marylin Horne, Little Richard, or Aaron Neville. I wonder why they were left out. I have seen official sources for Neville and Horne's appearances that season, but Little Richard being on the show in season 25 is just an assumption of mine.
The Neville Brothers actually did appear which means that Aaron was in it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what bugs me actually?

The fact that Richard Hunt never got to play a main character on the show. He only did side characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, here's an interesting one: in Elmo's version of ABC-DEF-GHI, he's playing the same toy truck that Big Bird had in his 80s remake version of the song.