Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Not Robot Chicken, I love that show even more than I used to (just got the season 2 DVD a month ago, actually). Only Family Guy. I'll probably always love Robot Chicken :smile:. Where else could you see Cookie Monster fighting off the Keebler Elves, Optimus Prime doing a PSA, Skeletor getting stuck in traffic, and AAAHH! Real Monsters getting crossed over with The Ring of all things? That show is way too clever and creative for me to stop watching it any time soon. It feels like one huge love letter to everything geeky now matter how obscure the source. I'm still waiting for them to do one about HTF. Come on Seth Green, give it your best shot! Lumpy and Bullwinkle could become buddy cops or something :stick_out_tongue:
I know they love obscure references, but I was kinda surprised they parodied a local access show:
I looked up what they were doing and now I think it's clever, but considering I'm not from New York (where The Magical Garden originated), I was a bit confused at first and many others probably were as well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm making some minor changes to my list:
  • BOB'S BURGERS
  • PARKS AND RECREATION
  • HARVEY BEAKS
  • DOCTOR WHO
  • SHERLOCK
  • ADVENTURE TIME
  • STEVEN UNIVERSE
  • ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE
  • HEY ARNOLD!
  • COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG
  • THE POWERPUFF GIRLS (the original 1998-2005 version)
  • RUGRATS
  • RECESS
  • ANIMANIACS
  • BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
  • THE FAIRLY ODD PARENTS (Seasons 1-4)
  • THE SIMPSONS (Seasons 1- 8)
  • FOSTER'S HOME FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS
  • ARTHUR (Seasons 1-4)
All the shows that are not on the list anymore are simply because they're not quite my favorites anymore, I still like them but they're just not my favorites. Also, 'Bob's Burgers' and 'Parks and Rec' are now my two favorite shows. And I freakin' love The Simpsons now.
Shows I want to watch more of:
M*A*S*H
SEINFELD
Well, in keeping with my apparent tradition of replying to this thread once a year, here is another updated list. As someone who watches waay too much TV, I like to pretend that my evolving tastes is an upside to my brain falling out of my ears, and my eyes going completely numb and unable to blink:

Still my faves:
  • Bob's Burgers, The Last Airbender, Doctor Who and Parks and Rec are definitely still on my list
  • Hey Arnold!
  • Foster's HFIF
  • The Powerpuff Girls (1998-2005 version)
  • Harvey Beaks ( RIP :cry:)
  • Steven Universe
  • The Fairly Odd Parents (seasons 1-4)
  • Arthur (seasons 1-4, 7)
  • The Simpsons (seasons 2-8)
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Batman: The Animated Series
New favorites:
  1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - One of the most hilarious shows in years, with a lot of heart and a perfect cast. Not to mention, they mention the Muppets or SST in almost every episode, and Bill Barretta, Peter Linz, and Noel MacNeal have all made appearances so that's pretty cool.
  2. MASH - No longer on my list of shows to watch eventually, but now on my list of "must watch" all the time.
  3. Rick and Morty - Some people think i'm "edgy" for enjoying this show, but I don't care. It's a funny and exciting show and that's all there is to it.
  4. Stranger Things - Quite possibly one of the best shows i've ever watched. Can't wait for season 2.
  5. Danger and Eggs - An extremely charming, funny, and creative show. It's really trippy, simple and silly. It feels a bit like Adventure Time did in it's first couple of seasons.
  6. Black-ish - A really funny and smartly written show. It speaks the truth and educates. The first season is by far the best, but the rest of the show is still great.
  7. The Office - Yes, I know i'm late to the party but it's almost as great as everyone says it is (almost). Basically they work in a boring, awkward office, with a weird boss who has no friends and makes things uncomfortable for everybody. He wants his office to be like Cheers, but it's not.
  8. Cheers - And speaking of Cheers. I know this show is iconic and all that, and everyone and their mom, and their mom's mom has heard the theme song a dozen times, but I never thought i'd actually be interested in watching it. But, this is just another show, like MASH, The Office, and Kimmy Schmidt that work so well because of a great cast.
  9. Fraiser - Another show I only watched recently.
  10. Seinfeld - It's so weird. It's like Friends but way more awkward. I love it!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My current Fall version of the list:
-Bob's Burgers
-The Simpsons
-The Big Bang Theory
-That 70s Show
-Futurama
-Young Sheldon (Big Bang spinoff)
-The Orville
-The Last Man on Earth
-Stranger Things
-We Bare Bears
-Robot Chicken
-Speechless
-Happy Tree Friends
-Rick and Morty
-Milo Murphy's Law
-Regular Show (I know it's cancelled but I still haven't seen all of the episodes yet)
-Jimmy Fallon
-Pretty much any British comedy show
-The Middle

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
By the way, if your wondering why I stopped watching the Family Guy. Here's the reason:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/terri-schiavo-mocked-on-foxs-family-guy
I'm sorry but I simply cannot support ANY show that makes fun of a real person's death/disability like that. If that were my own mother they were mocking, I'd probably go into depression. There's no denying that this kind of skit is simply uncalled for. I'm not a prude or anything like that and I can take humor that most people would find inappropriate. Seeing as how I'm a huge fan of Robot Chicken that has seen every episode, I'm certainly not an easily offended type of guy but I've never seen Robot Chicken do anything like that. The offensive stuff on that show is fantasy, that's the only way to put it. When they do skits about things like sexual assault, suicide, and cancer they use made up characters/creatures rather than real people. Things like Optimus Prime getting prostate cancer and Snuggles the softener bear getting sexually assaulted aren't near as bad as this because neither of them are real people. The only thing I find to be slightly offensive on the show is the religious stuff but honestly:That's really just a personal preference of mine. Not everybody believes the things I do so I can excuse the fact that they do things like that. But making fun of someone like Terri Schiavo is not a personal preference, it's a decency thing. Some subjects should simply never be mocked, tragic events like that are definitely one of them. Rather than laughing, I felt sad for her family and my heart goes out to them. I have 0 respect for the show because they did that and now I only watch it on the rare occasion when I'm waiting for Robot Chicken to come on.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
By the way, if your wondering why I stopped watching the Family Guy. Here's the reason:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/terri-schiavo-mocked-on-foxs-family-guy
I'm sorry but I simply cannot support ANY show that makes fun of a real person's death/disability like that. If that were my own mother they were mocking, I'd probably go into depression. There's no denying that this kind of skit is simply uncalled for. I'm not a prude or anything like that and I can take humor that most people would find inappropriate. Seeing as how I'm a huge fan of Robot Chicken that has seen every episode, I'm certainly not an easily offended type of guy but I've never seen Robot Chicken do anything like that. The offensive stuff that show is fantasy, that's the only way to put it. When they do skits about things like sexual assault, suicide, and cancer they use made up characters/creatures rather than real people. Things like Optimus Prime getting prostate cancer and Snuggles the softener bear getting sexually assaulted aren't near as bad as this because neither of them are real people. The only thing I find to be slightly offensive on the show is the religious stuff but honestly:That's really just a personal preference of mine. Not everybody believes the things I do so I can excuse the fact that they do things like that. But making fun of someone like Terri Schiavo is not a personal preference, it's a decency thing. Some subjects should simply never be mocked, tragic events like that are definitely one of them. Rather than laughing, I felt sad for her family and my heart goes out to them. I have 0 respect for the show because they did that and now I only watch it on the rare occasion when I'm waiting for Robot Chicken to come on.
Ugh. I hate it when shows are offensive just for the sake of being offensive. If they're gonna do black humor, they should do it right.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My Favorite Shows As of 11/20/2017

Animated:
-The Simpsons
-Bob's Burgers
-Robot Chicken
-We Bare Bears
-Futurama
-Clarence
-Rick & Morty
-Happy Tree Friends

Live Action:
-Stranger Things
-Speechless
-The Big Bang Theory
-That 70s Show
-The Orville
-The Middle
-The Last Man on Earth
-Young Sheldon

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate it when shows are offensive just for the sake of being offensive. If they're gonna do black humor, they should do it right.
I agree. Some topics should be left out of comedy entirely. I think that being offensive, gross, and annoying just for the sake of doing so isn't the least bit creative or clever. When I turn on a comedy show, I want to hear things that are at least somewhat wittier than the "edgy" jokes I heard my fellow classmates say in 5th Grade. Shows like that only exist so the writers can say,
"Ha! Ha! Can you believe we went there?" which at this point, they've done that kind of stuff soooooo often that it feels almost repetitive rather than shocking. Those writers have the mentality of exceptionally immature elementary school kids. I'm sorry but it's true, Family Guy's philosophy seems to be "Anything even slightly rebellious or taboo is funny because it's hilarious to see people get mad". Yeah, I just don't understand the appeal of that.

Last edited: