Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
By the way, if your wondering why I stopped watching the Family Guy. Here's the reason:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/terri-schiavo-mocked-on-foxs-family-guy
I'm sorry but I simply cannot support ANY show that makes fun of a real person's death/disability like that. If that were my own mother they were mocking, I'd probably go into depression. There's no denying that this kind of skit is simply uncalled for. I'm not a prude or anything like that and I can take humor that most people would find inappropriate. Seeing as how I'm a huge fan of Robot Chicken that has seen every episode, I'm certainly not an easily offended type of guy but I've never seen Robot Chicken do anything like that. The offensive stuff on that show is fantasy, that's the only way to put it. When they do skits about things like sexual assault, suicide, and cancer they use made up characters/creatures rather than real people. Things like Optimus Prime getting prostate cancer and Snuggles the softener bear getting sexually assaulted aren't near as bad as this because neither of them are real people. The only thing I find to be slightly offensive on the show is the religious stuff but honestly:That's really just a personal preference of mine. Not everybody believes the things I do so I can excuse the fact that they do things like that. But making fun of someone like Terri Schiavo is not a personal preference, it's a decency thing. Some subjects should simply never be mocked, tragic events like that are definitely one of them. Rather than laughing, I felt sad for her family and my heart goes out to them. I have 0 respect for the show because they did that and now I only watch it on the rare occasion when I'm waiting for Robot Chicken to come on.
Who is she?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My Favorite Shows As of 11/20/2017

Animated:
-The Simpsons
-Bob's Burgers
-Robot Chicken
-We Bare Bears
-Futurama
-Clarence
-Rick & Morty
-Happy Tree Friends

Live Action:
-Stranger Things
-Speechless
-The Big Bang Theory
-That 70s Show
-The Orville
-The Middle
-The Last Man on Earth
-Young Sheldon
No Family Guy?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
No Family Guy?
Eh, I'm not that big on it anymore. It got a bit too repetitive and mean spirited for me. Not just the offensive stuff either, things like the long awkward cutscenes of Conway Twitty started getting on my nerves also. I briefly put it on last night while I was waiting for the new episode of the Last Man on Earth to come on and they cut to a WHOLE Jell-O commercial for like 5 minutes without any editing or anything. Those kind of overly long gags combined with the offensive material became a bit off putting the more I saw of the show. I don't dislike Seth MacFarlane or anything, I just feel as though this particular show has gone downhill over time. For someone who references Happy Days a lot, Seth MacFarlane can now relate to Fonzie because they both jumped a shark at least once in their career lol jk.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Eh, I'm not that big on it anymore. It got a bit too repetitive and mean spirited for me. Not just the offensive stuff either, things like the long awkward cutscenes of Conway Twitty started getting on my nerves also. I briefly put it on last night while I was waiting for the new episode of the Last Man on Earth to come on and they cut to a WHOLE Jell-O commercial for like 5 minutes without any editing or anything. Those kind of overly long gags combined with the offensive material became a bit off putting the more I saw of the show. I don't dislike Seth MacFarlane or anything, I just feel as though this particular show has gone downhill over time. For someone who references Happy Days a lot, Seth MacFarlane can now relate to Fonzie because they both jumped a shark at least once in their career lol jk.
Do you still watch the show?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Do you still watch the show?
No. I have no doubt that there's some good stuff in the new episodes but I don't enjoy having to sit through all the bad stuff just to get to a few good moments. The old episodes are okay but I've seen them so many times by now that I can pretty much memorize a few of them.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Not familiar with Terri, sorry.
That's okay. I just didn't think it was appropriate for them to talk like that about a real person. I'm sure Seth MacFarlane is a nice guy in real life and has no hateful intentions with any of the stuff on his show but I just felt like that clip crossed a line. Seth is one of those people that seems to find humor in everything and while I can understand that to an extent, he should consider the fact that the families of the people he's making fun of are watching the show and might have a strong negative reaction to what they are seeing. I really miss back when Family Guy constantly used all those obscure 80s references like when they had a cutscene of The Snorks having dinner together or the time that Peter rode The Great Space Coaster. That was back when the show was in it's prime.........the golden age of Family Guy if you will.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No. I have no doubt that there's some good stuff in the new episodes but I don't enjoy having to sit through all the bad stuff just to get to a few good moments. The old episodes are okay but I've seen them so many times by now that I can pretty much memorize a few of them.
Same with Whose Line. I don’t watch that show anymore either.