And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The best thing about being yourself?

Worrying about your own life and not caring what people think about you. :big_grin:
Too true. But worrying about other people in general, particularly the sexually abused, is the best thing about being a good human being with empathy. :flirt:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Too true. But worrying about other people in general, particularly the sexually abused, is the best thing about being a good human being with empathy. :flirt:
That's always true.

I mean I do care about those who are close to me. I do at least offer some help if they need it. But if it's just some random stranger who gives me a stink eye as I walk past them, I just ignore them and move on with life.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That's always true.

I mean I do care about those who are close to me. I do at least offer some help if they need it. But if it's just some random stranger who gives me a stink eye as I walk past them, I just ignore them and move on with life.
I guess that's where we're different. Regardless of my fiery personality, I see every person who crosses my path, you included, as a potential friend. If I met Donald Trump, gah how I don't like that guy, I'd try to find something to like about him. I'd try to find some common ground. And then I'd try to talk to him about a lot of pressing issues and how he could be a better advocate for women, minorities and all of our nation. For me, that would mean stepping down. I know that's probably not a reality, so I'd ask friends to help me come up with Bible verses, since he says he's a Christian, in order to help guide him in his decision making. By that, I don't mean to be a liberal. I merely mean, to do the best he can for the American people while employing grace, empathy, respect for the office and his fellow man (even the ones who annoy him on Twitter). That's me in a nutshell. I've said this before. I agree that there are several sub groups of Trump supporters, not all of them, who are deplorable. Where I disagreed with Secretary Clinton is that they're not redeemable. I believe that everyone is. So many ex-Nazis with terrible face and body tattoos, people that have ruined their lives and the lives of others in terrible ways, trying to turn things around and make a difference in the lives of others once they've seen the error of their ways. We all need to grow and get better. Some a heck of a lot more than others. But we all do need that and none of us are beyond redemption. Keep in mind, this is an agnostic saying all of this. :smile: We are all earthlings.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For laugh's and nothing more,

I do recall presumably sending this to Obama's "email" when I was 16 and in 9th grade in early '09 (I dunno if it really was his email or not), but anyway....

"Hi.My name is Alex Mack,and I was wondering if since now you're president,if you could somehow possibly bring back VHS to the country.Please feel free to right back.

Thanks,and have a good day."

Oh man, how naiive I was back in the day. :big_grin:

snichols1973

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I used to be bothered myself with people saying "Happy holidays." Now I'm just like "Eh, whatever."'

I mean, granted, even I feel like there is a point where you can be too politically correct (*cough* my experience at Landmark college *cough*), but saying "happy holidays" isn't one of them.
One thing that really gets my goat with the Friday after Thanksgiving is how people tend to "polarize" (no pun intended to Santa, his elves or reindeer) the seasonal debate into "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"; I decided on a new course: "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" to be more all-inclusive.

Sadly, there will still be a number of buzzkilling Scrooges, Grinches and Meisterburgers out there: nevertheless, for those who choose not to celebrate the holiday and try to put a wet blanket on the season, for the naughty listers: "Bah humbug" and "brown reindeer coal" in your stockings...

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Welp, John Lasseter is not among the people stepping down due to sexual harassment allegations. Progressive or conservative, this one stings us all with the same amount of anger and disappointment.