Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice Telly, interestingly, gets hit with this from time to time, even in official summaries/synopsis for SST episodes; the more curious examples I can think of are "Teddy" and "Zelly."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least Alan says he's one of his favorite Muppets on the show.

gravy

Reaction score
I painted Dr. Teeth onto a pumpkin (with a bit of help from my mom) and someone commented on Facebook, ''Wow! I love Fraggle Rock!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That reminds me of how when asked who his favorite TV animal is, David Hyde Pierce said it was a toss-up between "Animal from Sesame Street," or Cookie Monster.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Here's an entry for Sesame Street from the book "This Year in Television, 2009: A Catalog of New and Continuing Series."

Among those listed in the "Principal Cast" are Julianne Buescher as "Sherry Netherlands" (sic), Tyler James Williams, and Bill McCutcheon as... "Uncle Dudley." I'd hardly consider Tyler James Williams part of the principal cast.

The Muppet performers are credited as "Muppet Voices," of which Julianne isn't listed (she's grouped with the human cast). And Caroll Spinney's last name is spelled with two "R's" (okay, okay, how many of us haven't gotten that one wrong?)

Another TV encyclopedia, by the same author, lists Bill Cosby, Marilyn Sokol (more specifically as her "Aunt May" character from the "Big Bird Goes to Camp" shows), Zoe Hall (who?), and voice actress Heather North (as a character called "Ellie Jane," whom I'm assuming was an animated character) as part of the main cast.

Elsewhere, it lists Miss Piggy as one of the Muppet characters featured on the show.

The entry for Muppet Babies lists Howie Mandel in the credits twice, and says that the series takes place before the Muppet became stars on Sesame Street.

Last edited:

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
The thing that annoys me the most is when people spell Piggy's name like this:
Mrs. Piggy.

She's not married and she's not a teacher. Don't spell it like that.

It's M-I-S-S. And that's final.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time someone called Snuffy an elephant, I'd be as rich as Donald Trump.