What's next for the Muppets?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I would also love to see the new Star Trek show but don't have the money to pay for the CBS Streaming service like I said I already have Hulu, Netflix, and Xfinity Cable when is enough enough there are only so many streaming services one can afford.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think these companies understand why streaming is so popular right now, especially with young adults that don't want to pay for cable. Because, if you're paying for five different streaming services at one time, it's practically the same as paying a cable bill.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking that they could make an actual "Pigs in Space" movie or TV show, with Miss Piggy, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork returning their roles from the (in-)famous Muppet Show segment and make it into a Star Trek-esque kind of story, but with the running gags. They might have a whole bunch of adventures, and they might even have one episode/scene where they land on the planet Koozebane and are captured by the Koozebanians and almost boiled alive. I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but that would be really interesting to see them do.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking that they could make an actual "Pigs in Space" movie or TV show, with Miss Piggy, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork returning their roles from the (in-)famous Muppet Show segment and make it into a Star Trek-esque kind of story, but with the running gags. They might have a whole bunch of adventures, and they might even have one episode/scene where they land on the planet Koozebane and are captured by the Koozebanians and almost boiled alive. I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but that would be really interesting to see them do.
They could do something like that in those behind the scenes segments that air after each Star Trek: Discovery episode.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Something that popped in my head...

What if perhaps there was a sort of.... One-shot special where it has Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie sitting in the style of Mystery Science Theater 3000 seats riffing on their older shows back in the 70's?
That would also be really interesting. Jim Henson did so many Muppet specials in the 70s, it would be fun for the three to just sit back and go through where some of the Muppets that you saw on the Muppet Show first originated!

HJL1

Reaction score
Here is an idea;

A series of four of five hour-long specials featuring the Muppets reconnecting with old characters in a "Where are they now?" style episode. Each episode could focus on Kermit (Vogel), Fozzie (Jacobson), Gonzo (Goelz), and Scooter (Rudman) finding old characters and seeing where their lives are without the Muppets.

Characters that could appear:
Johnny Fiama (Barretta)
Sal Minella (Bunch)
Ma Fiama (Vogel)
Seymour (Rudman, Bunch, or Linz ?)
Clifford (Barretta, Ryan Dillon or Bunch ?)
Clueless Morgan (Barretta)
Emily Bear (Vogel)
Dr. Phil Van Neuter (Rudman, Bunch or Linz ?)
Digit (Goelz)
Annie Sue (Gold)
Thog (Bunch)
Skeeter (Buescher)

Thoughts ?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Here is an idea;

A series of four of five hour-long specials featuring the Muppets reconnecting with old characters in a "Where are they now?" style episode. Each episode could focus on Kermit (Vogel), Fozzie (Jacobson), Gonzo (Goelz), and Scooter (Rudman) finding old characters and seeing where their lives are without the Muppets.

Characters that could appear:
Johnny Fiama (Barretta)
Sal Minella (Bunch)
Ma Fiama (Vogel)
Seymour (Rudman, Bunch, or Linz ?)
Clifford (Barretta, Ryan Dillon or Bunch ?)
Clueless Morgan (Barretta)
Emily Bear (Vogel)
Dr. Phil Van Neuter (Rudman, Bunch or Linz ?)
Digit (Goelz)
Annie Sue (Gold)
Thog (Bunch)
Skeeter (Buescher)

Thoughts ?
That's a cool idea. It would be nice to see all those old, forgotten Muppets again.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
If SNL can do it with their segments and turning them into Movies, then maybe the Muppets should try a stunt like that to try to reach new audiences and come back into the spotlight.