TV Alert: Sesame Street at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That was fun as usual, Leslie Odam did a great job, although the song was a tad generic. It was nice to see the likes of Herry and Rudy on the float. Like I said on a different thread, I wish there was at least one more human character as the float has felt pretty empty recently. Chris never does the parade, leaving Alan and Nina as the only two cast members on the float.
A couple things that caught my eye, the series of commercials with Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman; i'm a big fan of Parks and Rec, so seeing them together again was awesome! Also, saw an ad for Gwen Stefani's new Christmas special (or was it the Pentatonix special?) , which will feature an appearance by Kermit the Frog.

Last edited:

wiley207

Reaction score
Like I said on a different thread, I wish there was at least one more human character as the float has felt pretty empty recently. Chris never does the parade, leaving Alan and Nina as the only two cast members on the float.
Yes, that is a good point. Then there are all those kids also on the float, but I don't know who they are supposed to be? Do they even appear on the show as well?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yes, that is a good point. Then there are all those kids also on the float, but I don't know who they are supposed to be? Do they even appear on the show as well?
The kids on the float are almost never on the show. I think they're there to be back up dancers/make the float seem more kid friendly, etc.

wiley207

Reaction score
The kids on the float are almost never on the show. I think they're there to be back up dancers/make the float seem more kid friendly, etc.
Oh I see. I was kind of thinking of how for a long time actual kids would appear on "Sesame Street," but ever since the recent reformatting I don't know how often that happens anymore. I even remember how in the 70s, the kids would see with Mr. Snuffleupagus and play with him, even before the adults saw Snuffy was real!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I actually was just wondering why David Rudman hasn't been mentioned. Does he ever participate in the Macy's parade?
Yes, he has. Skip to 2:22 of this video:

Also, I learned from Peter Linz's live Facebook video that Lars MacLean did Herry and Marty did Telly. So with process of elimination, that means Jamie Donmoyer did Rosita.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was fun as usual, Leslie Odam did a great job, although the song was a tad generic. It was nice to see the likes of Herry and Rudy on the float. Like I said on a different thread, I wish there was at least one more human character as the float has felt pretty empty recently. Chris never does the parade, leaving Alan and Nina as the only two cast members on the float.
A couple things that caught my eye, the series of commercials with Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman; i'm a big fan of Parks and Rec, so seeing them together again was awesome! Also, saw an ad for Gwen Stefani's new Christmas special (or was it the Pentatonix special?) , which will feature an appearance by Kermit the Frog.
I've heard of that, but I couldn't remember when that was.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yes, he has. Skip to 2:22 of this video:

Also, I learned from Peter Linz's live Facebook video that Lars MacLean did Herry and Marty did Telly. So with process of elimination, that means Jamie Donmoyer did Rosita.
I apologize for bumping this thread, but after finding a way to pause Peter's video that doesn't blur the text, I realized that Lars did Rosita and Jamie did Herry. Here's the video with that info:

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I actually was just wondering why David Rudman hasn't been mentioned. Does he ever participate in the Macy's parade?
I’ve also wondered why I haven’t seen him on Below the Frame with, well, basically every other main performer.

As far as not appearing in the parade, maybe he travels to be with family that day and chooses not to participate.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I’ve also wondered why I haven’t seen him on Below the Frame with, well, basically every other main performer
I think the closest we've come is The Two-Headed Monster making a cameo once.