Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Matt's Kermit sounds pretty off in this MTotW if you ask me. Which is weird because he sounded fine in the Hollywood Bowl and the first MTotW that he started performing Kermit in.
It was probably filmed quite some time before the Bowl. I would say it's on par with the first MTotW. Both were likely among Matt's earliest Kermit performances shot.

Mario500

Reaction score
I had seen what appeared to had been a recent installment of a national TV program named "American Masters" with what appeared to had been Kermit speaking with a voice unlike those of his creator or the the Steve Whitmire discussed here earlier (the installment was named "This is Bob Hope"; as for what I thought of that voice, I did not like it).

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority when I say that the Pentatonix appearance was one of my favorites of his so far. Maybe it's just because I've gotten so use to his Kermit already, but I really just felt like I was watching Kermit and Constantine.

As for the Muppet Thought of the Week? Blegh. They should just scrap the ones they recorded during the first sessions, since he has improved so much since then.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess he’s still getting it down. He did sound amazing at the Bowl and some other appearances, but yeah he definitely sounds a little off here.
This one was okay.

But again, I'm sure Matt's just getting used to the voice.
That's because all the "Thoughts" videos were filmed together months ago. The Hollywood Bowl was long after these were filmed.