Dealing with depression and anxiety

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Driving is just something that comes as a part of life whether we like it or not.

I've been in accidents before, and the best thing is you learn from them.

For instance, when I do long trips, I like to get up as early as possible so I can avoid annoying afternoon traffic. Last summer I lost a car that I only had for 2 weeks because of annoying traffic that was most likely heading to Hampton Beach in NH.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Driving is just something that comes as a part of life whether we like it or not.

I've been in accidents before, and the best thing is you learn from them.

For instance, when I do long trips, I like to get up as early as possible so I can avoid annoying afternoon traffic. Last summer I lost a car that I only had for 2 weeks because of annoying traffic that was most likely heading to Hampton Beach in NH.
I used to enjoy driving. A nice way to unwind. Not so much these days. For instance, I have to check in on my grandmother pretty much every day. She lives in a nice, quiet neighborhood, but the area surrounding it is always littered with people who think they're on the interstate. Sorry that 25 over what the speed limit sign says is still too slow for you people behind me.

Driving out of my own neighborhood about a week ago, I had to deal with an impatient driver who tried to get around me. It's funny, even when backing out of my driveway, I had a feeling that this driver was going to be trouble. Evidently, driving so much has helped me develop a sixth sense. Anyway, I kept both lanes blocked to keep that from happening (there was nobody headed towards me, of course). And shocker of all shockers, the other driver was too busy smoking a cigarette to keep both hands on the wheel.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
When I get a job, I'm going to have to have somebody drop me off and pick me up because I don't drive. I'm afraid to learn how to start because I am scared of getting into accidents. Tried twice, and the second time, I crashed my mother's car into a tree (only a minor accident).
Someone needs to take you to a vacant parking lot or something so you can cruise around and get comfortable before just going straight to the road.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I also reccomend using a car you feel most comfortable driving.

I used to drive small cars, until I was forced to drive my subaru outback after the unforunate car accident. I eventually got used to the handling and controls.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For a lot of places in this country, driving is a necessary evil. There are crazy people on the road, accidents happen every day, traffic jams, road rage, speeders, yeah, it's all there.

But it's not just about learning to drive, it's about overcoming your fear of driving.

The worst two words in the English language are "I can't". You posted somewhere else " My mom said cook your own food and I can't cook!"

Can you make a sandwich?
Can you take two pieces of bread and find something to put between them?
If you can do that much, you're halfway there.

Driving, learning to cook, things like that are basic skills that will serve you for the rest of your life. And wanting to master these skills will help you grow.

Skills will serve you well. Excuses will not.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
For a lot of places in this country, driving is a necessary evil. There are crazy people on the road, accidents happen every day, traffic jams, road rage, speeders, yeah, it's all there.

But it's not just about learning to drive, it's about overcoming your fear of driving.

The worst two words in the English language are "I can't". You posted somewhere else " My mom said cook your own food and I can't cook!"

Can you make a sandwich?
Can you take two pieces of bread and find something to put between them?
If you can do that much, you're halfway there.

Driving, learning to cook, things like that are basic skills that will serve you for the rest of your life. And wanting to master these skills will help you grow.

Skills will serve you well. Excuses will not.
I can make a sandwich, yes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Once again, I'm taking another Facebook break due to real life stress.

At this point I'm only going to log back in when my birthday comes this month, as well as when it's Christmas and New Year's. Social media just makes me moodier when I have stuff on my mind.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly....

I've been feeling very down today, and that's not a place where I want to be at.

I honestly just kind of blame it on where my position is in right now....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So lately I've just been having thoughts on quitting my job at mobile cuts because I feel like it's just not going anywhere with this three year anniversary project.... But another part of me is saying not to because then I'm just screwing them over.

It's definitely put a lot of stress and anxiety on my body and I absolutely hate it. There are days I wish I could just take a medicine to put me out for one day and not face reality.