The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets panicked/and or has anxiety spikes over loud noises?
It depends. I get startled easily so loud noises will definitely make me jump. I just cover my ears if it's a sound I don't want to hear like a fire alarm.

I also wear ear plugs when going to concerts because it is good to protect your hearing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Now that I've changed my life around a bit on this, I might as well come off and offer my thoughts.

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid when people say "you shouldn't ever smoke cigarettes because it's bad for you" but seem to have no issue with smoking weed, while others say you shouldn't smoke weed because it isn't legalized in some areas but go ahead and smoke cigarettes because it is?

Granted, I don't care what you do with your life, if you want to smoke either, go ahead. Just be careful. But I honestly roll my eyes now when people say the first quote especially since smoke is still smoke and it's something that shouldn't be going into your body in the first place.

At least the plant alone can be used as a medicine and you don't put tar in your lungs with it.
Nicotine is so addictive, that despite the health risks people still smoke. Not because they like tar in their lungs, but they need that fix.
If I understand correctly, pot has higher THC levels than tobacco, so that makes it worse for you. But the hemp plant itself has a lot of beneficial uses, so although I might partake in pot anymore, I won't condemn anyone who does.
The most they'll get from me is, "I think it's wrong to smoke, but they're your lungs".
Back in high school there was a debate over which was worse, drinking or taking drugs. Some parents were grateful, " Oh, thank goodness Johnny drinks! At least beer is not as bad as that Devil Weed!"
That being said, watching "Reefer Madness" will have you on the floor laughing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Nicotine is so addictive, that despite the health risks people still smoke. Not because they like tar in their lungs, but they need that fix.
If I understand correctly, pot has higher THC levels than tobacco, so that makes it worse for you. But the hemp plant itself has a lot of beneficial uses, so although I might partake in pot anymore, I won't condemn anyone who does.
The most they'll get from me is, "I think it's wrong to smoke, but they're your lungs".
Back in high school there was a debate over which was worse, drinking or taking drugs. Some parents were grateful, " Oh, thank goodness Johnny drinks! At least beer is not as bad as that Devil Weed!"
That being said, watching "Reefer Madness" will have you on the floor laughing.
Both alcohol and nicotine are poisonous for your health.

When it comes to alcohol, at least you can learn your limits and drink responsibly, but then there's those who just abuse it. Nicotine can cause cancers and alter your mind to the put that you get moody and need more.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Alcohol can be just as addictive. Kill a few brain cells, alter your mood and memory, kill your liver. My dad suffered the effects of both. He drank like a fish and smoked THREE packs of Camels a day, every day for 50+ years.
Addictions are disturbing, that people will abuse things to excess- drink, drugs, sex, gambling, eating, shopping, video games, whatever.- to fill this emptiness in their lives. And the pleasure wears off too fast, then it's time for another fix. And then getting that fix becomes the most important thing in your life.
I know it's not Sunday. But I was addicted to a number of these when I was younger. Not as extreme as some people, but when the urge to satisfy yourself with something potentially harmful becomes your top priority, that's a dangerous slope.
But when I turned to Jesus, the addictions went away. Not entirely, and not right away, but I can see how much I changed in the last thirty years.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've only gambled once and it certainly was addicting.

I only do the slot machines and even then, it's definitely a once in a while event. I've purposely trained myself to not let something become a habit of mine.

Video games are just as addicting, but I definitely feel the need to take breaks every now and then. Esp if a game I just finished is really tough.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Guy Fieri's voice sounds a lot like Jason Lee's?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes quoting Woody and Buzz when listening to this song by itself?

It honestly feels naked without hearing Woody's "You are a toy, you can't FLY!" and Buzz's "To infinity, and beyond!".... as well as the sound of Buzz falling and hitting the floor.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I keep seeing this commercial on TV:
Am I the only one who thinks the girl looks like a younger version of Rebecca Sugar?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds this to be absolutely annoying about Facebook?

Like, okay, if you want to take me off as a friend, go right ahead. It's your choice, your loss. If you were someone who seemed really cool with me, I might be concerned, but eh, was nice knowing you I guess. But anyway, here's what I need to vent about.

I wish Facebook would at least give you a notification if someone deleted you as a friend like they do when someone accepts your friend request. Because honestly, it's very annoying when you go on and think "Hmmm, I haven't heard from this person in a while. I wonder how he/she is doing." You go to their profile and.... Bam. Add as friend.

It's really annoying because I would rather be notified right away instead of having to find out the hard way. And just yesterday I found out an old friend from college who I was once cool with deleted me, and that made me a bit concerned, which is very rare for me nowadays.

But, whateves. His loss, not mine.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm just glad I left Facebook in general and am never going back there again.