The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After seeing this, I'm tempted to do my own edit of splitscreen live-action NC on the phone with this animated version of Stanley:

mr3urious

Reaction score
NC now talks about the recent trend of the omitting of the elaborate opening credits sequence of films, something that was once common beginning sometime in the 1960s when ticket sales were slumping over the advent of TV and needed a draw to put butts in seats. Nowadays this is rare to come across much like TV theme songs, likely because audiences are getting too impatient for it.

Like he said, this sort of thing still exists, but is usually placed at the end right before the credits roll, probably to prevent audiences from leaving too early this time.

https://vid.me/a8Xj6

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, it's not because the audiences are getting too impatient for the show, but because networks are afraid that audiences will change the channel if they see an elaborate main title sequence.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Evidently, the next NC is KANGAROO JACK, and . . . once again, I wish this was a movie he would have reviewed back when the show was good; even though I actually do like the movie, it was clearly one of the biggest examples of false advertising I can remember: a movie about a cool, talking, rapping kangaroo that a couple of bumbling idiots get mixed up with? Sounds like a ton o' family fun to me. Then you get the movie . . . almost everything with the kangaroo in the trailers were from one scene.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Evidently, the next NC is KANGAROO JACK, and . . . once again, I wish this was a movie he would have reviewed back when the show was good; even though I actually do like the movie, it was clearly one of the biggest examples of false advertising I can remember: a movie about a cool, talking, rapping kangaroo that a couple of bumbling idiots get mixed up with? Sounds like a ton o' family fun to me. Then you get the movie . . . almost everything with the kangaroo in the trailers were from one scene.
It was originally supposed to be a sub-standard action comedy for adults, but was bowdlerized into what it became now in an attempt to salvage it, which unfortunately worked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know that. Apparently, test audiences were only interested in the kangaroo, so the studio threw in some of those cut-away scenes with the kangaroo (going through the pockets of the jacket and such), then tried to market it as a kids movie about a talking kangaroo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YAY!!! Another new episode with no sketches or additional Scrappy castmembers, and a review of a nostalgic movie that almost every 90s kid loved:
Holy crap, not only is Doug still shaving his head for some reason, but apparently he's also starting to shave his goatee! :eek:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've realized there's another movie I wish NC would review: THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE. So much about that movie raises more questions than it needs to, like how is it the Brady's were somehow frozen in the 70s while the rest of the world advances two decades? I mean at least with the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, their cartoon world was frozen in 1964 due to their show getting canceled, so that at least offers an explanation on how they're brought into the modern world of 2000 that they're unfamiliar with . . . but is it this one family, in a real world setting, somehow never aged or progressed over the span of two decades while the rest of the world around them has? Is the Brady household somehow able to defy the time space continuum that prevents the family from ever aging?

And how about among all of the various different cameos throughout the movie, Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince is one of the neighbors. :stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's Disneycember again! This time around Doug's reviewing DCOMs! Oh my gosh, the man is gonna snap: