Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And now Peter Linz’s Statler.
I totally forgot about that. It's like what someone on the ToughPigs forum said, Peter Linz has basically become the Muppets' military brat.

I mean, he just took over Ernie and Herry, and if Matt Vogel were no longer able, probably Big Bird. Plus, now he's like half the characters ever since Steve's departure (plus Walter). And every time someone speculates about who's going to play certain characters like Rizzo, or even obscure ones like Sal Minella, there's always someone who brings up Peter's name.

I think it's going to become an inside joke within the Muppet fandom. Uh oh, Ryan Dillon's hands fell off, I wonder who's going to be Elmo now? - probably Peter Linz. Bill Barretta's retiring, looks like Peter Linz is going to have to step in as all of his characters.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I totally forgot about that. It's like what someone on the ToughPigs forum said, Peter Linz has basically become the Muppets' military brat.

I mean, he just took over Ernie and Herry, and if Matt Vogel were no longer able, probably Big Bird. Plus, now he's like half the characters ever since Steve's departure (plus Walter). And every time someone speculates about who's going to play certain characters like Rizzo, or even obscure ones like Sal Minella, there's always someone who brings up Peter's name.

I think it's going to become an inside joke within the Muppet fandom. Uh oh, Ryan Dillon's hands fell off, I wonder who's going to be Elmo now? - probably Peter Linz. Bill Barretta's retiring, looks like Peter Linz is going to have to step in as all of his characters.
Well to fully be honest Peter Linz hasn’t had a main character before 2011, so it’s great he’s getting a lot of characters now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well to fully be honest Peter Linz hasn’t had a main character before 2011, so it’s great he’s getting a lot of characters now.
True but, if any more Muppet performers (i'm talking Muppet Show characters, here) leave or get fired, they're definitely going to need to promote one of their secondary performers like Tyler Bunch or whoever else works with them often.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Or bring someone through the ranks in to do a character if it gets to that stage
True but, if any more Muppet performers (i'm talking Muppet Show characters, here) leave or get fired, they're definitely going to need to promote one of their secondary performers like Tyler Bunch or whoever else works with them often.

gravy

Reaction score
Here's a REALLY recent video (today) of Caroll. He seems pretty quiet and content where he is. Living the old life.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Here's a REALLY recent video (today) of Caroll. He seems pretty quiet and content where he is. Living the old life.
Oh dear. You can hardly even hear his voice because it's so quiet, but he looks great though!

Nice video too.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's sad watching recent videos of him since it basically shows he doesn't have much time left.

But alas, when the day does come, we can always remember his wonderful performances.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I know I may sound morbid (and I apologize if I am), but I don't think that he's going to be around for much longer unfortunately. :frown: