The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess Facebook figures people don't need your permission to unfriend you like they do when they send you a friend request, but at the same time, yeah, it would be nice to be notified, because there's been times in the past where I'll see someone has evidently unfriended me, but have no idea who it was until I realize so-and-so is no longer on my friends list, then it'll get me to wondering why they unfriended me: was it something I said? Do they not like me anymore? And sometimes it'll be people I've known for years, so that really gets me curious as to why they decided to do that.

However, there are occasions where it's an honest mistake, that's happened a couple of times.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Usually when it happens though, I just try to let it go because I'm not the type to chase people anymore.

Like, I remember when livevideo existed, you actually got the notification that someone unfriended you. Which was nice.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm just glad I left Facebook in general and am never going back there again.
That definitely takes a lot.

I try not to leave in general because I do have family and friends (real life and online) I'm connected to, but I do take breaks every now and then when I got stuff on my mind. Social media adds more stress when you find that you constantly have to think about stuff.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What I also find helpful for me is I removed the Facebook app from my phone so I'm not tempted to go on there while taking a break.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm the same, but like I said, when I see that it's someone I've known fairly well for years, it makes me wonder what brought this on. But then again, granted, I don't really use Facebook much for anything other than to basically keep people updated on my original work - that and to chat with people since IM is a thing of the past.

Onto a different subject: am I the only one who sort of can't think of certain artists in terms of they used to be part of a group prior to successful solo careers? Certain iconic groups like the Beatles or Rolling Stones are exceptions, of course, but say, like, Boy George: I never think of him in terms that he was the lead singer of Culture Club, I just always think of him as Boy George and only Boy George, so when I hear certain songs like "Church of the Poison Mind," "Karma Chameleon," and "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" it's never, "oh hey, it's Culture Club!" It's always, "oh hey, it's Boy George!" Or Phil Collins: to me, he's always just Phil Collins and only Phil Collins, I never think of him as having been a part of Genesis - and I suppose that's a little more forgivable, since he wasn't always Genesis' lead vocalist.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
That definitely takes a lot.

I try not to leave in general because I do have family and friends (real life and online) I'm connected to, but I do take breaks every now and then when I got stuff on my mind. Social media adds more stress when you find that you constantly have to think about stuff.
I used to be on other sites besides Facebook, but left those too.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm the same, but like I said, when I see that it's someone I've known fairly well for years, it makes me wonder what brought this on. But then again, granted, I don't really use Facebook much for anything other than to basically keep people updated on my original work - that and to chat with people since IM is a thing of the past.

Onto a different subject: am I the only one who sort of can't think of certain artists in terms of they used to be part of a group prior to successful solo careers? Certain iconic groups like the Beatles or Rolling Stones are exceptions, of course, but say, like, Boy George: I never think of him in terms that he was the lead singer of Culture Club, I just always think of him as Boy George and only Boy George, so when I hear certain songs like "Church of the Poison Mind," "Karma Chameleon," and "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" it's never, "oh hey, it's Culture Club!" It's always, "oh hey, it's Boy George!" Or Phil Collins: to me, he's always just Phil Collins and only Phil Collins, I never think of him as having been a part of Genesis - and I suppose that's a little more forgivable, since he wasn't always Genesis' lead vocalist.
It's easy to think that. I was around wen Culture Club was brand-spanking new, and Boy George was a cultural (pardon the pun) icon. But now, just as then, many people would be hard-pressed to name the rest of the band.

And for Phil Collins' role in Genesis (btw, before he landed his Genesis gig, he did audition to be one of the Bugaloos. And like Jack Wild, did play the Artful Dodger in the stage version of "Oliver!" Helps to be short.), original vocalist Peter Gabriel was advised by their first manager/producer Jonathan King, not to be so progressive/artsy/intellectual, or Genesis would never reach a mass audience. However, once Collins took over vocal duties and put them smack dab into mainstream, top-40 pop, it was wished they would return to their progressive days that Gabriel was so brilliant at.

The records Gabriel and Collins made together: Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound, and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, are still, after 40 years, some of the most brilliant albums ever made. And this is from a guy who has heard plenty.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Nina Blackwood had a really sexy voice back in the day?

Like, I hate to judge since life is unfortunate to many like that, but she did not age well at all, and considering I heard she did alot of drugs, it doesn't surprise me.

(Fran Bill did a great impression of her for Nora Nicks in NTV).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Nina Blackwood had a really sexy voice back in the day?

Like, I hate to judge since life is unfortunate to many like that, but she did not age well at all, and considering I heard she did alot of drugs, it doesn't surprise me.

(Fran Bill did a great impression of her for Nora Nicks in NTV).
Nina (I think) sounds like she has the voice of a smoker.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't bother listening to podcasts? Like, at all?