Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

gravy

Reaction score
Meh. I know a person who knows a person that works at Sesame Workshop who chooses to stay anonymous, and most likely can get it out. But for now, I haven't been able to contact that person nor identify them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Meh. I know a person who knows a person that works at Sesame Workshop who chooses to stay anonymous, and most likely can get it out. But for now, I haven't been able to contact that person nor identify them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This episode was actually referenced on The Goldbergs tonight. There's a scene where Adam is shown going to Johnny Adkins for some bootleg videos, and "Sesame Street Episode 847" is listed on one of the labels.

When i first saw the titles listed on the tape labels and noticed Sesame Street, at first I thought it was going to be "Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird" (as I think most of the titles were mainstream theatrical films), then I noticed that the label was just the show and episode number, then I started thinking, "wait, is that episode 847...?" before seeing another shot of those and being able to see it. And the wiki mentions this reference now.

It's interesting that, apparently, this episode's rarity is well-known enough to be referenced on a mainstream show (maybe somebody on the show is just a hardcore enough fan - which I wouldn't doubt - or, if they were casual, maybe they looked at something like Lost Media Wiki or the shows TV Tropes page under "missing episode" or something and learned about it. It can't be a coincidence that, out of all the episode numbers they could have included, it happened to be that one. Though I doubt the fact that that particular episode was so rare that it'd be on the minds of teenagers in 1980-something, but that's a suspension of disbelief (and the narrators memories are mixed-up... though it's inclusion is just a background thing).

It's also interesting because the scene was to show bootleg videos of mainstream feature films being sold at the high school, I wouldn't expect the collection to include rare stuff. Then again, I can't remember what else was included among that collection (well, probably an Indiana Jones movie, since the episode is based around that), maybe some other rarities were listed.

It probably won't bring us any closer to seeing/obtaining the episode, but it is cool that it was referenced on a mainstream show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's also interesting because the scene was to show bootleg videos of mainstream feature films being sold at the high school, I wouldn't expect the collection to include rare stuff. Then again, I can't remember what else was included among that collection (well, probably an Indiana Jones movie, since the episode is based around that), maybe some other rarities were listed.
Okay, I'm looking at a still image at Muppet Wiki, and I guess it was a collection of rarities or things that at least weren't mainstream, as the videos included Fritz the Cat, Meet the Feebles (which I thought was from the 1990s), the Eric Stoltz edit of Back to the Future, and some stuff I haven't heard of. I was thinking it was copies of mainstream movies being sold cheaper than what the stores were selling them for (hmm, I wonder if The Black Cauldron and Song of the South should have been listed among the videos).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Cool to see the episode was referenced.

I still think a nice limited release would be cool - something where it could be released under the radar, for adults/hardcore old school fans.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking at a still image at Muppet Wiki, and I guess it was a collection of rarities or things that at least weren't mainstream, as the videos included Fritz the Cat, Meet the Feebles (which I thought was from the 1990s), the Eric Stoltz edit of Back to the Future, and some stuff I haven't heard of. I was thinking it was copies of mainstream movies being sold cheaper than what the stores were selling them for (hmm, I wonder if The Black Cauldron and Song of the South should have been listed among the videos).
It's a weird reference even in that context; you'd think me or gavry worked on the show.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Ya mean the Sesame archives right?

And are you going to ask to see the episode or what?