Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't watch the Family Guy that much anymore but I decided to look up this clip and it was much better than I thought. I assumed it was just one brief Oscar cameo (judging by the screenshot posted to Muppet Wiki it looked to be that way) but it was actually a whole segment dedicated to him. Meg performed "I Love Trash" at her one woman show, dressed up as the famous Grouch and everything. Wow, say what you want about Seth MacFarlane but you gotta love his passion for The Muppets.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On a really old episode of The Simpsons there was a Dinosaurs parody. Although they pretty much broke the fourth wall and referred to it as a Simpsons knock off, at least they gave Dinosaurs a nod. It's one of those more obscure Henson shows that you'll rarely ever find references to so seeing a reference to it on a major prime time show like The Simpsons was unexpected and cool.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This conversation went down on an old pre-Amy and Bernadette episode of Big Bang Theory
Leonard:Let's just forget about being The Justice League and put on our Muppet Babies costumes.
Sheldon:I wanna be Kermit!
Raj:But I wanted to be Kermit!
Sheldon:Your gonna be Scooter!
Raj *in an angry tone*:Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't remember what it was but I remember my dad watching some biography show years ago and they compared John Belushi to Cookie Monster.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Sesame Street was referenced once again by Jeff Dunham in his Netflix comedy special “Relative Disaster”, this time with Walter by his side.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Sesame Street was referenced once again by Jeff Dunham in his Netflix comedy special “Relative Disaster”, this time with Walter by his side.

I just watched that special several weeks ago. It was awesome! Jeff Dunham is still really funny to this day :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just watched that special several weeks ago. It was awesome! Jeff Dunham is still really funny to this day :smile:
That new baby character of his was hysterical. I think Seamus might be one of my favorites now and I hope to see more of him in the future.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
In the Homestar Runner toon "Halloween Potion-ma-jig", Marzipan is dressed up as Beaker.

And I dunno if this one really counts as a Muppet reference because it's a reference to a non-Muppet Sesame Street sketch, but in "Jibblies 2", Homsar is dressed as the Typewriter.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Here’s another Jeff Dunham video where he references the Muppets while mentioning Bernie Sanders.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Another obscure one from Seth MacFarlane, in a Christmas special while Stan is praying he says
"By the way, I'm not the director who chose Whoopi Goldberg to play God in that one Muppet movie,". Dang, I can't believe anybody remembers THAT movie, I used to watch that one a lot as a kid (I don't really like it that much now though). But it's just more proof that Seth MacFarlane is a huge Muppet fan.