Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Next week will see the premiere of The Star, an animated tale based around the nativity of Jesus focusing on some farm animals. And Brian & Lisa Henson are credited as executive producers, interestingly enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_(2017_film)

While it is nice that we're seeing the first big-budget animated religious film since The Prince of Egypt, there is some concerns of mine since it is a Sony product and one of the writers was behind stuff such as Rio 2 and the latest DTV Open Season film. Plus, seeing as it's debuting after Thor and before Pixar's Coco, I don't see too many families bothering with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How the heck many Fifty Shades books did that Twilight badfic author write? Because there's apparently another movie sequel coming out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
How the heck many Fifty Shades books did that Twilight badfic author write? Because there's apparently another movie sequel coming out.
I think it's supposed to be a trilogy, meaning this would be the last one. People keep complaining about 'em, and yet they continue to go see them. Just like those Bayformers movies. I hope this one fails so we don't have to worry about a spin off film :stick_out_tongue:.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Justice League had the lowest domestic opening of the DC Extended Universe films, barely cracking the $100 million mark. However, the international take is much better, though still not as high as previous films.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=46&p=.htm

Pretty surprising to see Wonder in 2nd place, albeit a distant one. But then there's The Star all the way at 6th, which makes me think that families are skipping it for Coco next week.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everybody seems to be talking about this new Pixar movie COCO, but once again, I haven't seen a single trailer, promo, ad, or anything for this movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Everybody seems to be talking about this new Pixar movie COCO, but once again, I haven't seen a single trailer, promo, ad, or anything for this movie.
Well, do you really watch that much TV aside from channels that show older shows and the occasional over the top reality show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't even watch the occasional over the top reality show. :stick_out_tongue: