Songs You Can't Stand

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I mostly like his old stuff, but very little of his newer material.
That's funny, because it's actually the other way around for me. I hate his older songs, but I think some of his newer songs are kinda sorta alright. But not good.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
That's funny, because it's actually the other way around for me. I hate his older songs, but I think some of his newer songs are kinda sorta alright. But not good.
One song by him that I cannot stand at all is Love Yourself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watch this video, it actually goes into the science of why most of today's modern pop music sucks:

What floors me is that a vast majority of the junk we hear today is actually written by just two guys . . . part of me finds that impressive the any one individual person can continually come up with stuff like that, especially when it comes to music (writing lyrics is hard), but another part of me understands now why most music sounds the same today (not to mention repetitive lyrics).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah I already saw that. Good vid.

Though when you say writing songs is hard, it all depends on your influence. I’m writing an album that details the rise and fall of Adolf Hitler and I’ve written 17 different songs over the past two days alone.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
'Hello' by Adele is one of the worst songs I've ever heard; I'm actually quite indifferent to most of the song, but the way she sings "Hello from the other sssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddeeeeeeeee" is absolutely unbearable; some guy I worked with joked it sounds like something you would attach to an ambulance.

And then there's stuff like Katy Perry doing "wha oh wha oh wah, whoa ah oh wah oh wah oh" before the chorus in California Girls.

We've come a long way from Rainbow Connection being in the top 25; it's good to know the majority of the population have become feckless idiots in the process.

There are no words in the English language to describe the disgrace to humanity modern country is either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" is perhaps Adele's most overplayed song on the radio . . . so much so, you'd assume it's her only song.

Similarly, Lorde finally has other songs, but still, "Royals" is the only song of hers you ever hear.

But, of course, as soon as Taylor $#!+ comes out with something new, it's quick to be catapaulted at us.