You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What do the 60s fictional bubblegum pop groups The Archies and The Banana Splits have in common? The characters/members of both groups have decent-sounding singing voices, but ridiculously cartoony-sounding speaking voices.
Similarly, Gary Coleman and Emmanual Lewis were both actors who never grew past child-size who starred on sitcoms where they played black kids adopted by white families. I wouldn't be surprised if Webster played "follow the leader" with Diff'rent Strokes' concept of "a black kid adopted by white parents", but it is an odd coincidence that the star of Webster also happened to be unable to grow and look like an adult (and I heard that, unlike Coleman, no medical explanation has been found for Lewis' condition).

On a different topic: In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, did the Grinch really need to dress up as Santa Claus to steal everybody's presents while they were all sleeping? Sure, it could have been in case somebody woke up and caught him in the house, but it seems he didn't think about that, judging by how unprepared he was when Cindy Lou Who caught him stealing the Christmas tree. Also, a few "you know what...?" observations: Cindy Lou sees him taking the tree, but ignores the fact that everything else in the room is clearly missing. And the narrator says he only left a crumb that was too small for a mouse, but at least in the cartoon, he's shown taking that crumb right after the narrator says that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that's just it: I think he dressed as Santa so in case anyone was awake or saw him, they wouldn't suspect anything because they were expecting Santa that night anyway . . . I think the thing about Cindy Lou Who was that she actually approached/confronted him, which that he probably wasn't prepared for - I'm sure he probably figured the Whos would see him in the red hat and coat, assume it's Santa, then not think anything of it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I think that's just it: I think he dressed as Santa so in case anyone was awake or saw him, they wouldn't suspect anything because they were expecting Santa that night anyway . . . I think the thing about Cindy Lou Who was that she actually approached/confronted him, which that he probably wasn't prepared for - I'm sure he probably figured the Whos would see him in the red hat and coat, assume it's Santa, then not think anything of it.
And the residents of Whoville were so proud of their patron saints Pete Townshend, John Entwistle, Roger Daltrey, and Keith Moon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about it, I'm remembering that scene from the 2000 movie where Cindy Lou's parents hear him on the roof but assume it's the real Santa so they stay in bed.

And another thing regarding the film that I've thought of: The movie expands Cindy Lou Who's role into that of a main character, one who interacts with the Grinch a lot. Perhaps her interaction with the Grinch causes more nervousness from The Grinch when she wakes up and questions Santa stealing the tree.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that Pat Robertson is actually obsessed with gay people . . . I've never seen one individual person just keep talking about gay people as much as he does, and he's got such cute little nicknames for them like "The Gay Mafia," not to mention he seems very knowledgable about the gay way of life, and is even suggesting they start color-coding their wardrobe so they can better be identified in public - how thoughtful of him. He's kind of reminding me of David Bowie and Adam Ant: they too had fascinations with the gay community, and I know the latter even pretended to be gay because he thought it would bring a certain controversial edge to his stage persona.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice in a number of Don Bluth movies, Dom DeLuise usually voices the hero's sidekick, while Charles Nelson Reilly usually voices the villain's henchman?