Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Folks, like this here reply if you agree with what I have to say:

Disney clearly wouldn't know what's best for the Muppets if it kicked em in their heads!! I intend to do everything in my power to get Steve his job back!! I can't just let 38.5 years of vocal amazement be destroyed by that company of imbeciles!! & if I seriously have to even start a protest, so be it!! Who's with me??
Just move on with this please.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
You have to realize that nobody in this thread has been protesting Disney's move anymore. Whether we agree or disagree, it's been over one year since the event actually took place, most of Steve's characters have been recast, and it's pretty much a done deal. All opinions aside, there is no way Steve is coming back at this point.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This video shows a good comparison of all of Kermit's voices. (Well the quality on Steve's voice is a little bad because it was filmed at comic-con) But still a good comparison video...And it shows audio of Artie that does not sound like it was recorded on a phone.
Yeah. From that clip I can see where Artie's Kermit had potential. (I don't think I heard that one before, but there was definitely some improvement there since his Kermit voice on AGT.)

Also a good idea, to post a new voice comparison. The old Muppet Voice Comparison page hasn't been updated in years and since then we got Matt Vogel as the Count, Billy and Peter as Ernie, Steph as Prairie and Jennifer as Zoe. The list goes on and on. So and updated MVC page would be a nice idea. Just a thought.

But I do agree with the above comments, what's done is done. So it's best to just accept it and move on.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I know Jim did a lot of various character voices over the years, but does anyone think that Matt can handle not only Kermit, but also Big Bird, Count and the other Jerry Nelson characters ?

I mean I know that there's plans for some of Jerry's Sesame Street Characters outside Count, but with that much work load for one guy to handle. Plus what happens when scenes require BOTH characters at the same time ?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I mean I know that there's plans for some of Jerry's Sesame Street Characters outside Count, but with that much work load for one guy to handle. Plus what happens when scenes require BOTH characters at the same time ?
Same as always. Someone else stands in for one character. The two performers switch off for different takes. ADR is done where needed. It's not hard, just maybe a bit more time consuming. Also, there's no saying if Matt will get all of Jerry's characters - or just who, if anyone, is getting recast - save for Mr. Johnson and Herry, obviously. There's been speculation that Mumford might have been recast with John Kennedy, but that's merely based on a cast photo, and not official confirmation.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
You know,

If Jim were still kicking today, and let's say he got fired from the Muppets and Steve was the replacement...

I wonder what that would be like.
I shudder to think!

Anyway, what I think about a scene involving both Kermit and Constantine at the same time (which they've done), they voice loop and someone else takes over the movements for Kermit and/or Constantine if need be.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Someone asked Frank Oz on his Reddit AMA yesterday about his thoughts on the Steve issue, this is what he had to say:

"I'm just very sad about what happened with Steve. I'm not privy to the reasons. I'm not part of Disney. As I understand it, the reasons had nothing to do with performing. When Steve was on the set he was always a joy to work with. So it saddens me that something outside of performing caused this to happen. It just saddens me, that's all."