Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Another falsetto friend. That can’t be easy to do when you get older.
Actually I remember hearing Peter Linz doing Elmo after the Kevin Clash scandal, Peter can still do a good falsetto voice.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Actually I remember hearing Peter Linz doing Elmo after the Kevin Clash scandal, Peter can still do a good falsetto voice.
Oh, I’m sure he can! He’s still a young guy and his voice has a naturally higher pitch, but I can imagine voices like that are tougher when your voice ages. Just in general, of course. I do that type of voice sometimes and it’s exhausting.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I never thought this would happen. But please God, let Caroll make it to 50 years. That's all I ask. I'm ready for anything, just let Caroll make it to 50 years.

:wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy:
It’s interesting you say that. I just realized that I don’t think anybody thinks about it happening with these Muppeteers. Maybe more now because, as fans, are able to keep up better with who they are. Generally, however, they aren’t ever seen in their work. So we just sit and watch the shows and enjoy the character year after year without really being able to notice them aging or any decline in health and personal matters like that the way we would with an actor who shows him/herself all the time. So when we do find out about people like Carroll or Jerry Nelson, we’re like, “Oh, wow...I never would have thought”. Or, “what? He’s how old?!” Caroll’s had a lot of exposure to the public in the last 15 Years or so because he’s become a tv legend/icon. He has a book and a documentary. But without that, we’d never know.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time figuring this out but there's a preview of next weeks episode and I think it might be Carroll's voice. Can one of the experts please tell me if this is Carroll or Matt. :search:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Definitely Matt. You can hear that sort of nasal-quality in the voice.

So they are, indeed, still using Segi despite Joey's departure . . . but her voice sounds noticably different: it sounds more like a generic child's voice, as opposed to that more urban-flavored voice she's had in the past.