What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Domino's is kind of like at the bottom of the pizza deliver chain tier ladder, and they're painfully aware of it, that's why they've been spending the last several years trying to painfully play the angle where they acknowledge they're not that great, but at least try: I mean in addition to adding a whole bunch of new menu items that nobody asked for (like sandwiches and pastas and such), they've also been bribing customers into buying stock in the franchise, have been completely demolishing a lot of their locations to completely rebuild them from the ground up in an attempt to modernize, and they've invented delivery cars with built-in ovens to keep the pizza hot till it reaches it's destination. Now, that last bit is actually pretty cool and futuristic, but the rest just kind of shows their desperation and self-pity.

The junk about Papa John himself aside (at least he's stepped down from his own company), their food is usually really good, but my biggest beef with them is their neglegent about their own menu: twice last year I've tried ordering a specialty pizzas that were on their menus, only to be told they don't make them anymore and that they don't know why they're still on the menu. :rolleyes: But other than that, their pizzas, wyngs, and even their cookie pizzas are good.

Jet's is another good chain, with a bit more variety in terms of the kinds of pizzas you can get, not to mention you can flavor your crust, you can get either bone-in or boneless wyngs, and their stuff is usually pretty tasty.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've had domino's pasta and it's decent. Haven't had their sandwiches.

But man, their cheesey bread. :flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My problem with pizzaria pastas is they tend to bake them, and pastas aren't really a food that should be baked: it comes out all tough and rubbery.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
QUOTE="LittleJerry92, post: 1206443, member: 7860"]Domino's is decent.... Though maybe I'm also saying this cause I've eaten their food stoned alot....[/QUOTE] :laugh: that's the only way i would eat that crap.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
well pizza hut is okay, it depends on the cook, and how good they cook. but for pizza, i go to the local pizza places , i think that they are much better.
The only reason my parents don’t like Pizza Hut anymore is because after we had it on vacation, they said that it has changed and didn’t like it after that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My problem with pizzaria pastas is they tend to bake them, and pastas aren't really a food that should be baked: it comes out all tough and rubbery.
Lasagna probably being the exception.

I've mentioned before, in my pizza priority list:
1. Mom and pop locations, in my case Frank's or Vincenzo's
2. Some frozen pizzas, like DiGiorno's self-rising crust
3. Chains from best to worst, Papa John's, Domino's, Pizza Hut
4. Homemade, with a Boboli crust, Pizza Quick sauce, your own cheese
5. Canned dog food
6. Little Caesar's still bringing up the rear. How appropriate.