Who has been the weakest human in the Muppet movies?

Who has been the weakest human in the muppet movies

• Mary (The muppets)

• Jenny

• Tex Richman

• Max (The muppet movie)

• Ed singer (Muppets from space)

• Dorothy Gale

• Gary (The muppets)

• Dominic Badguy

• Jim Hawkins

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Who is the weakest human to have a big part in the muppet films
Personally it's Mary the wet lettuce
I like Amy Adams but she was SO BORING IN THAT FILM

gravy

Reaction score
???? What do you mean by weakest?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
@gavry3 As in either a character who didn't really contribute to the story or was just a dull character.

Sorry for not making it clear

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ehh, I'll agree, I can see how Mary was necessary to the story in THE MUPPETS (2011) as far as how Gary was pretty much neglecting her because he devoted so much of his attention to Walter, but at the same time, her subplot just really wasn't that well executed, and some of the scenes with her were, admittedly, a tad cringeworthy to watch - like the whole "Me Party (Party of One)" sequence, or her rambling off synonyms for "alone" from a thesarus.

The other Mary from KSY was a tad awkward as well.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
All non muppet acting in that direct to DVD horror was awkward
And I f*cking hate Me Party. It is the worst muppet movie song ever
Ehh, I'll agree, I can see how Mary was necessary to the story in THE MUPPETS (2011) as far as how Gary was pretty much neglecting her because he devoted so much of his attention to Walter, but at the same time, her subplot just really wasn't that well executed, and some of the scenes with her were, admittedly, a tad cringeworthy to watch - like the whole "Me Party (Party of One)" sequence, or her rambling off synonyms for "alone" from a thesarus.

The other Mary from KSY was a tad awkward as well.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
No one just have never liked Kermit swamp years and from the day I sat in the cinema i detested Me Party

Did The Muppets do something to you as a child to make you so passionately angry about this?
Did The Muppets do something to you as a child to make you so passionately angry about this?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A MUPPET ATE MY BABY!

I, for one, think each major human has been good and contributed to the plot in their own way. Weather they're the antagonist, the main character, or just there as comic relief like Jack Black who played an (hopefully) angrier version of himself, or Zach Galifianakis (Hobo Joe). They all enhance the movie, even when they're not technically a part of the actual plot. :smile:
Mary, I can see how some would dislike her, but was she any more necessary to the plot than Max was in the first movie. I mean, I guess Doc Hopper needed someone to play off of, but what did Max actually contribute? He didn't have any big character development, and little of what he did altered the actual plot. I like Max, but he doesn't actually do anything Doc couldn't have himself. I mean, sure he eventually saw his boss for the dangerous maniac he was, and he warned Kermit toward the end of the movie, but he still continued to work for him afterwards. And for all we know, Max could've continued working for Doc after the events of the movie.

jobi71

Reaction score
I'm refraining from voting as I have not seen Treasure Island, Muppets From Space or Wizard of Oz. I will defend Max though. Just from a technical writing point of view he was needed so Doc Hopper would have someone to talk to and explain his plans to. Otherwise they would just be in his head. His warning of the gang of what lay ahead was crucial in that it showed he had changed it was his only scene without Doc (even when he spies Kermit on the bike Hopper's giant face on the billboard is behind him) so really his first independent action. His warning led directly to the High Noon showdown which is key to the film and allows not just Kermit and Hopper to square off, but we see all the Muppets join Kermit behind him in support. Remember most showdowns are one on one, but the Muppets stick together. His rejection of Hopper comes as no surprise to the audience, but it does to Hopper. It is an interesting character beat that Hopper felt his number two and chauffeur whom he constantly berates is a friend. I think one of two things happened. Max left Hopper's employment, or Doc Hopper changed his ways (or at least some of them) and Max stayed on. He wouldn't stick around if the current situation continued.