Sesame Street Old School Outlines

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 109 details the final day of the New Mexico visit! Plus, Bert asks Ernie about string, Madeline Kahn duets with Grover, and lots of classic Sesame Street cartoons: Billy Jo Jive, Pinball Number Count, Typewriter Guy, and Wee Willie Wimple!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 109

Season 10: New Mexico 2.0, Day 5

Sponsors: R, Y, 11

Scene 1: In the morning, baby Manuela cries, waking everyone up. Oscar and Oliver Grouch are delighted, but Sofia explains that a baby’s cries are important. First, she tries rocking Manuela, and then Mr. Rodriguez feels the diaper to see if it needs to be changed. Then Sofia gets some baby food and feeds Manuela. The baby smiles, making everyone else happy, except for the Grouches!

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #11

Muppets: At night, Ernie is thirsty, so he drinks an imaginary glass of water. Bert asks him to get a real glass of water. Afterwards, Ernie goes back to bed but is now hungry! So he eats an imaginary sandwich…

Scene 2: Susan helps Sofia, Mr. and Mrs. Rodriguez change Manuela’s diaper. They take the dirty diapers out to Oscar and Oliver.

Film: Hands count to 11

Cartoon: R is for Radio

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – R is for Rope

Film: Kids train for the special Olympics

Muppets: Sinister Sam is looking for the man who bought the last box of crayons from the general store, and he “wants to know why!” Once he finds the culprit, he takes the crayons, draws a letter Y, and asks if he did it right.

Film: Camels eating

Scene 3: Big Bird asks Sofia for a crayon and some paper so that he can write to his friend Mr. Snuffleupagus. Luis and Bob insist that Snuffleupaguses do not exist, but Sofia plays along and gives the Bird a postcard. As he writes, Big Bird imagines what Snuffy’s doing, and the fantasy scenes are shown: “Maybe he’s playing jacks…or he’s eating spaghetti and cabbages. Or maybe the adults finally saw him! Maybe Olivia, Gordon, Mr. Looper and the kids are throwing a big party for Snuffy without me! And I’ll never got to be part of it.” As Big Bird begins to sob, the adults ask him what’s wrong. Big Bird: “Everyone on Sesame Street is throwing a party for Mr. Snuffleupagus WITHOUT ME!” (ending music plays as the adults stare at each other)

Cartoon: Sand Y animation

Muppets/Celebrity: Madeline Kahn and Grover perform, “Sing After Me”

Cartoon: What if an anteater had the features of a giraffe? (art by Cliff Roberts)

Film: A marching band counts to 20

Muppets: In the subway, two men notice how LOUD and quiet it can be

Cartoon: Two kids argue over a cat and a dog, who chase each other around a fence

Scene 4: The Count counts people who are busy at work on the ranch. First, he counts David and Maria, who are repairing a fence. Then he counts Sofia, Bob, Susan, and Mrs. Rodriguez in the vegetable garden. Next, he counts Luis, Mr. Rodriguez, and Big Bird who are feeding the horses and pitching hay. When Luis gives him a pitchfork and asks him to help pitch hay, the Count says, “Including myself, that is a total of ten people helping out on the ranch! Ah, ah, ah!”

Film: Finding letters of the alphabet in the city (child voiceover)

Muppets: Cookie Monster shows Ernie how to eat cookies slow and fast, until Ernie’s cookies are all gone

Film: 10 zebras walk slowly, and then 10 other zebras walk fast

Insert: Gordon and Olivia sing, “Quiet Is”

Muppets: Several foods (Muppet lettuce, cheese, ham, bread, and butter) cooperate to make a sandwich for a Muppet girl

Cartoon: Y is for Yo-Yo (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Y is for Yellow Yahoo

Film: Kids take swimming lessons

Scene 5: Big Bird imagines what it would be like if he lived in New Mexico instead of on Sesame Street. Ultimately, he decides that Sesame Street is better, although he likes New Mexico a lot.

Cartoon: Billy Jo Jive and the Mystery of the Midnight Voices

Film: A shoe repairman at work

Cartoon: Everything you need to know about cats (art by Bruce Cayard)

Muppets: Bert asks Ernie why he has string tied around his fingers. Ernie explains that the string on his first finger is to remind him of the string tied around his second finger…and so on. Ultimately, the last piece of string is there to remind Ernie that there’s no more string in the house, and that he needs to buy more!

Cartoon/Song: Wee Willie Wimple causes land pollution

Scene 6: The Rodriguez family teaches Spanish folk songs to the Sesame Street cast.

Film: A child watches a building grow, from being a hole in the ground to a complete structure with a roof

Cartoon/Song: “It’s a Lovely Eleven Morning”

Cartoon: My pet Y named Yetta

Muppets/Song: “City-Country Song”

Cartoon: 30 dots (the last dot keeps showing up early)

Scene 7: After a nice lunch, it is time for everyone to return to Sesame Street. Luis says goodbye to his family and kisses baby Manuela. Everyone brings their bags out, loads the truck, and says their goodbyes. Just as the truck starts up, Oscar asks if he can hitch a ride back to Sesame Street. Luis stops the truck, and David and Bob haul Oscar’s can onto the bed of the truck. The truck pulls away as Oliver Grouch watches: “Oscar didn’t even say goodbye to me…now that’s my grandson! Always doing the RIGHT thing as a Grouch.” Sofia and her family announce the sponsors together, and the Friday credits roll. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Mr. Hooper.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

**Special guest: Carla Pinza as Sofia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Oliver Grouch, Mr. Snuffleupagus, AMs

Marilyn Sokol and Richard Hunt as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Sinister Sam, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
To clarify for people who are new to SSOSOs (Sesame Street Old School Outlines), I started writing these nearly four years ago after watching the episodes from the Sesame Street Classics series on iTunes. Being an avid fan of 1970s Sesame Street, I wrote a couple and decided to keep plowing along. I haven't stopped coming up with ideas since! It's a lot of fun and I'm glad that more people on the forum are reading and enjoying them.
***NOTE: These are ALL my original ideas, and if there are any similarities between any episodes from the actual series, it is purely accidental. However, I reference Muppet Wiki and YouTube frequently for inserts, cartoons, and films to place in between my written street scenes.

Stay tuned for two new outlines coming soon. One is a FIRST in the history of SSOSOs, and the other one features Cookie Monster and a (in my opinion) HILARIOUS plot twist!

cjd874

Reaction score
Right now, I'm doing ONLY outlines from Seasons 3-10, which would all take place in the 1970s. Perhaps I might do outlines from the 1980s or 1990s in the future, but it's unlikely.

If anyone would like to see some of my additional Sesame Street-themed work, check my "Jesse's Girl" thread and "Poems, Haikus, and Whatnot(s)" thread. I also have written several full fan fiction scripts for the Muppet Show. The links to all three threads are posted below. And if anyone has any more questions, I would appreciate private messages instead of thread replies. Thanks!

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/jesses-girl-a-1990s-sst-fan-fiction.62420/

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/poems-haikus-and-whatnot-s.56391/

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/muppet-show-outlines-by-cjd.53975/

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's a milestone outline. What makes this one so special? Not only is this number 110, but it is also a Season 2 episode outline! Featuring Matt Robinson as Gordon, and appearances by rare characters including the pedantic Herbert Birdsfoot, the monotonous Professor Hastings, and the short-lived duo of Larry and Phyllis. Enjoy my FIRST-EVER Season 2 outline in the Sesame Street Old School Outline series!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 110

Season 2: Gordon and Susan host Big Bird for lunch/Oscar helps Herbert Birdsfoot

Sponsors: W, 2

Scene 1: Gordon and Susan are having a special visitor in their apartment for lunch. They asks the kids to guess who is coming, based on the clues. He’s very tall, yellow, and has feathers: Big Bird!

Cartoon: Wanda the Witch

Scene 2: Gordon and Susan greet their special visitor, who accidentally knocks over a vase upon entering. Big Bird has something important to tell them, but Gordon suddenly realizes that he forgot to buy birdseed for Big Bird! He says that he has to go to Hooper’s Store, and will be back soon.

Film/Song: “Eating” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Bert plays “What Happens Next?” with Ernie. On the last turn, Ernie says that a monster will pop up behind and ask for a cookie. Bert is skeptical, until Cookie Monster appears behind him and says, “Cookie?”

Scene 3: Gordon asks Mr. Hooper for a bag of birdseed, but Hooper is all out. Then he asks Bob, who has no time to talk because he has to catch a bus downtown.

Cartoon: A worm talks about the letter W

Celebrity/Song: Listen My Brother sings, “You Gotta Learn”

Cartoon: Birds appear around the numbers 1-20 (art by the Hubleys)

Scene 4: In desperation, Gordon asks Oscar if he has any birdseed. Oscar says he does, but refuses to give any to Gordon. Gordon becomes upset, and Oscar replies, “Well if you wanted birdseed, you’d have gone to the Pet Shop instead of knocking on my trashcan and bothering me!” With this accidental advice, Gordon thanks Oscar and rushes to the Pet Shop.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #2

Muppets/Song: Herry Monster and Cookie Monster sing, “Circles”

Cartoon: Checkerboard transition

Film/Song: “Have You Ever Been to the Farm?”

Scene 5: Gordon returns to his apartment with birdseed for Big Bird. Gordon asks Big Bird what he was going to tell him before he left, and Big Bird says, “I was going to tell you that I’m on a birdseed-free diet...so I’m not eating birdseed. Do you have any peanuts or sunflower seeds?” An exhausted Gordon collapses in his chair.

Cartoon: Wanda the Witch (repeat)

Muppets/Cast: Bob reads the story of “The Most Beautiful Woman in the World”

Celebrity: Bill Cosby shows three kids, but they continually insist that there are four. Unbeknownst to Bill, another girl keeps hiding behind his chair! Bill catches her, and presents the correct number of kids.

Cartoon: Today’s Secret Drawing is…the Mailman

Scene 6: Susan, Gordon, and Big Bird play “Three of These Things” with a pile of birdseed, some sunflower seeds, a handful of peanuts, and a pot roast. Big Bird explains that the pot roast doesn’t belong because it is not something that birds eat. Satisfied with the answer, Gordon starts cutting the roast, and everybody eats lunch.

Cartoon: Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes shows around, over, and under.

Muppets: Ernie prepares a cake for Cookie Monster while singing, “If I Knew You Were Coming (I’d Have Baked a Cake)”

Film: The snouts, tails, and bodies of pigs

Film/Song: Henson #2

Cast: Bob and Gordon assemble a broken letter W

Cartoon: Batman shows around, up, and through

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts, “What’s My Part” with the Foot as the guest. The panelists are Bennett Snerf, Arlene Frantic, and Professor Hastings.

Scene 7: Herbert Birdsfoot asks Oscar to help him come up with W words. Oscar’s questions (who, what, why) end up helping Herbert a great deal.

Cartoon: W is for Water (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes shows through by pouring paint into a vertical pipe, but the paint goes through only when she puts her head under the pipe!

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin’s Days of the Week Song

Cartoon: The uses of water (English version)

Scene 8: Herbert Birdsfoot asks Oscar to help show pairs of items. Oscar agrees, and pulls out a pair of holey socks, a pair of tin cans, and a pair of banana peels. Herbert ends up slipping on the banana peels, to Oscar’s amusement.

Cast: Larry and Phyllis cooperate to make and send party invitations

Muppets: Bert orders Ernie to clean up the apartment. (Part 1)

Film: Animals from the African plains

Muppets: Ernie has cleaned up the apartment, but still needs to clean out his toybox. As he does, he throws his toys all over the place, frustrating Bert. (Part 2)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #2 (repeat)

Cartoon: The uses of water (Spanish version)

Scene 9: Big Bird, Susan, and Gordon walk out of the 123 apartment onto Sesame Street and enjoy the sunny day. Other residents including Mr. Hooper, Bob, Cookie Monster, Farley, and a Lavender Anything Muppet woman are shown. Gordon announces the sponsors and signs off. SS sign still: Mr. Hooper and Bob. CTW sign still: Susan.

CAST:

Alan Arkin as Larry

Barbara Dana as Phyllis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Bob McGrath as Bob

Matt Robinson as Gordon

THE MUPPET PERFORMERS:

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird, Oscar, and Bennett Snerf

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Professor Hastings, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herbert Birdsfoot, Herry Monster, the Foot, Farley, AMs

Fran Brill as Arlene Frantic, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
A double-header post! Here is outline 111, with a good twist ending (in my opinion, anyway). This one features Cookie Monster in a central role, and also features classic bits including "Mumford's Pillar Trick," "I Want to Hold Your Ear," and "Ernie Gets Bert to Warm Up."

Sesame Street Old School Outline 111

Season 7: Cookie Monster sells cookie-burgers at Hooper’s Store/Big Bird, Grover, and the kids play a pretending game

Sponsors: N, Z, 6

Scene 1: Grover, Big Bird, and the kids pretend to be scuba divers, racecar drivers, and ants.

Cartoon: Poverty Pictures’ Z Sketch

Film: Swinging gibbon

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews a princess looking for a suitor. It turns out that the man she’s describing is Kermit! Upon kissing him, she turns into a frog that Kermit finds rather cute…

Cartoon: Flying Z in space

Cartoon: Jasper thinks he’s lost his elbow, but Julius shows him his elbow by bending his arm (art by Cliff Roberts)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s OPEN trick fails (part 1)

Cartoon: A horse is drawn as kids guess what it is

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s OPEN trick fails (part 2)

Cartoon: Lowercase n on a hill

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s OPEN trick fails (part 3)

Film: A dune buggy is assembled

Cartoon: The Country Fiddler – Six Snails

Scene 2: Cookie Monster finishes off a plate of chocolate chip cookies and expresses his satisfaction to Mr. Hooper. Cookie wants to show Mr. Hooper his gratitude and says that he has a special recipe that he wants Mr. Hooper to try selling at the store! “It FANTASTIC recipe, Mr. Hooper! It going to knock your socks off. Sales of this item going to go BOOM! Through the roof!” Mr. Hooper: “Well, what is it called?” Cookie: “It a family recipe from me great-grandmonster: they called [spreads his palms apart] Cookie-burgers!” He runs to get the ingredients as Mr. Hooper waits.

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – N is for Nose

Cast: A clown (David) goes through several doors marked “OPEN,” each one being smaller than the one before. Each time, he says, “OPEN.”

Muppet/Kid Moments: Ernie, Bert, and Shola count on their fingers

Scene 3: Cookie Monster shows Mr. Hooper how to make “the world-famous Cookie-burgers.” It’s nothing more than sticking a cookie on top of a burger. Mr. Hooper is unimpressed, but after Cookie Monster begs and grovels, he gives in.

Cartoon: The Queen of Six

Muppets: A Casanova-esque Muppet named Maurice sings “I Want to Hold Your Ear” while removing his girlfriend’s facial features

Film: A kangaroo and its baby

Cartoon: A man becomes annoyed when various animal noses are drawn on his face

Scene 4: When Maria comes in for lunch, Cookie Monster tries to persuade her to try a Cookie-burger. Maria politely turns him down and orders a bowl of chicken soup. Next, Big Bird arrives, but he doesn’t want a Cookie-burger either. He wants Mr. Hooper’s famous birdseed burger instead! Cookie: “Hubba wha? A birdseed burger? Since when did that become a thing?”

Film: A toymaker designs and builds a toy airplane

Muppets: Four Anything Muppet children cooperate to plant a flower

Cartoon: Two men cooperate to get apples from a tree

Scene 5: Bob comes in, and Cookie Monster pitches the Cookie-burgers again. Bob declines and orders a salad. Then the Count comes in, showing genuine interest in the Cookie-burgers. Cookie: “At long last! Then you going to eat one?” The Count: “EAT one? Why, that is ridiculous! I am going to COUNT them!” After the Count counts six Cookie-burgers, Cookie Monster loses his patience and runs out of the store, completely frustrated and agitated. The adults follow him.

Film/Song: Henson #6

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford performs his Levitating Pillar Trick with help from Grover. Once Mumford leaves, Grover tries the trick on Herry Monster, but he fails, sending Herry falling through the floor.

Cartoon: A janitor sweeps up his footprints the wrong way, then the right way. Afterwards, a centipede comes in, leaving tracks all over the floor!

Film: Counting antique cars (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Four people cooperate to build a table

Scene 6: Cookie Monster feels upset that no one wants to try his Cookie-burgers. Maria explains that everybody likes different things, and that someone is bound to like them. She and Mr. Hooper convince Cookie to keep trying. As they re-enter the store, Oscar comes in for lunch. Mr. Hooper suggests to Cookie that he should offer a Cookie-burger to Oscar. Cookie reluctantly does so, and is shocked to find out that Grouches love putting cookies on their burgers! After slathering spicy brown mustard and strawberry syrup on top, Oscar chows down. Cookie Monster admits that he’s happy that he has a satisfied customer…even if it’s Oscar.

Film/Song: “Which Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: What if we celebrated Valentine’s Day with chickens instead of hearts?

Cartoon: Would you mind closing our OPEN?

Muppets/Song: Little Jerry and the Monotones perform, “Telephone Rock”

Cartoon: I’ve Got a Mind: Wind Up-Toy (art by Cliff Roberts)

Cartoon: Nancy the Nanny Goat

Muppets: Bert is too cold in the apartment, so Ernie goes overboard to help him warm up. After being covered in a coat, hat, scarf, and earmuffs, Bert screams that he’s broiling hot, so Ernie opens up the window and turns on the electric fan.

Cartoon: Danny knows the alphabet, and boy is he proud!

Scene 7: The camera cuts in on a tall stack of empty plates and used napkins…all from Oscar’s consumed Cookie-burgers! Then it pans over to the door, where Cookie Monster, Maria, Mr. Hooper, and Bob are trying to push Oscar (with a bloated stomach) through the door. Oscar: “Wow, I haven’t eaten anything this rotten in ages! That was a great meal. Hey, are you making more Cookie-burgers tomorrow? Is this gonna be on the menu permanently?” As everyone struggles and Oscar smirks, the Count announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Ernie and Bert. CTW sign still: Big Bird.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, the Amazing Mumford, Herry Monster, Little Jerry, AMs

Richard Hunt, Jeff Moss, and Christopher Cerf as the Monotones

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Outline 112 features Biff and Sully, and Big Bird and Snuffy. Plus, Martha presents the letter M, the Anything Muppets sing the "Fat Cat" rhyming song, and David and Maria attempt to play ping-pong!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 112

Season 8: Biff and Sully try to fix the bulb in the lamppost/Big Bird helps Snuffy pack for a vacation

Sponsors: A, M, 4

Scene 1/Insert: Oscar shows Gordon his new vacuum cleaner. Unfortunately, when Gordon leans into the can to watch, the vacuum sprays dirt and dust in his face!

Cartoon: A is for Acrobats

Muppets: Lefty the Salesman tries to sell Ernie a painting of four elephants, which are cleverly hidden shapes in between several tree branches. After buying it, Ernie tries to stump Bert with the picture, but Bert instantly notices the elephants.

Scene 2: Mr. Snuffleupagus thanks Big Bird for helping him pack for his vacation. Big Bird is glad to help, and asks where to start. As the camera pans out, the entire nest area is covered with Snuffleupagus-sized clothing, toiletries, and playthings. Big Bird and Snuffy sort everything by color, shape, and size.

Film: A weaver-bird (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Pinball Count #4

Cartoon: M is for Marvelous Martha

Cast: David and Maria try to play a ping-pong match, but David keeps using the wrong sports equipment

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and Laura identify geometric shapes

Cartoon: The M That Came to Dinner

Muppets: The Busby Twins wants to buy a rocket

Cartoon: What if a frog and a fly switched bodies?

Scene 3: Snuffy has finished packing and leaves to catch his Snuffleupa-bus. But as he walks off with his suitcase, Big Bird notices that he has forgotten his toothpaste! As Big Bird runs after the bus clutching a giant tube of toothpaste, Susan and Gordon look on and give each other confused looks.

Cartoon: A witch tells a group of kids a story full of words starting with A

Cast: Bob, Luis, and the train tunnel

Muppets: A bilingual Anything Muppet girl presents “cuatro galletitas.” Cookie Monster is sad that there aren’t any cookies involved, until the girl says that “cuatro galletitas” means “four cookies” in Spanish. Overjoyed, Cookie devours the cookies and the number 4 prop next to the girl!

Scene 4: Susan, Gordon, and the kids discuss the importance of lights.

Cartoon: Caterpillars never wear brown boots

Muppets: Ernie and Bert can’t fall asleep because of a leaking faucet. Ernie “solves” the problem by turning on the radio and the vacuum cleaner to drown out the noise.

Cartoon/Song: Wee Willie Wimple – Cutting Down Trees

Film: Trees are very useful (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets/Song: “The Song of the Count”

Cartoon: A polka-dotted egg hatches, and four chicks on motorcycles emerge

Scene 5: As dusk falls, Susan and Gordon notice that the light on the lamppost hasn’t turned on. Thinking that it may be broken, they call Biff and Sully to fix it.

Cartoon: Cat/fat/hat/sat/rat/bat/scat/splat/flat/pat

Muppets: Don Music rewrites “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” with help from Kermit. Chris and the Alphabeats arrive later to sing “Drive, Drive, Drive Your Car.”

Film: An animal auctioneer at work, helping sell livestock to farmers

Cartoon: Spanish words that begin with the letter M

Muppets: Grover talks about the “ONE WAY” sign, but ends up causing a big crash when he goes the wrong way

Cartoon: M is for Moo

Scene 6: Susan and Gordon watch as Biff climbs the ladder to get to the top of the lamppost. He asks Sully to pass him the bulb, but Gordon points out that Sully can’t reach Biff from down below. Biff climbs back down to get the bulb, and climbs back up with it. Then he asks Sully to pass him his toolbox. Sully stares at the camera, and Susan and Gordon shake their heads as the ending music plays.

Cartoon: Two solid lines collide and have an argument. They decide to cooperate by becoming dashed lines to let each other pass.

Muppets/Song: “Fat Cat” (featuring Bip Bipadotta)

Cartoon: A man presents an alligator, which starts with the letter A

Film/Song: Henson #4

Muppet/Kid Moment: Ernie, Bert, and Shola show the letter A. Ernie: “’Ay, Bert! That’s an A.”

Cartoon: A is for Ape (speech balloon)

Film: Footage of children acting out jobs, followed by adult professionals with the same jobs (e.g. carpenter, designer, musician)

Cartoon: A group of alley cats cooperate to make music together

Scene 7: Night has fallen, and Biff and Sully have finished putting a new bulb on the lamppost. Biff: “There ya go, Gordon and Susan. We got ourselves a brand-new light bulb for this here lamppost!” As Biff says the last word, he slaps the lamppost, which wobbles, sending the bulb crashing down to the ground. Biff (meekly): “Heh…I knew I was missin’ something. I guess I forgot to screw in the bulb onto the top of the lamppost.” Realizing that they must start all over again, Sully faints. Biff tries to get him up as Gordon and Susan retire to their apartment for the night. Big Bird sleepily announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Oscar.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Lefty the Salesman, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Biff, Mr. Snuffleupagus, the Count, Herry Monster, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, Don Music, AMs