Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's some inconsistencies with the layout of some of the sets in regards to interiors and exteriors, and I don't just mean how you can see blue sky (and occasionally a tree) outside Ernie and Bert's windows. But like, take Hooper's Store for example: inside, on the other side of the door, there's a little booth, however that booth can't be there, because it would block the door that leads to Bob's apartment upstairs.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking of Ernie and Bert's apartment....

Aside from the trash cans you see outside, has anyone noticed how, like every season 1 skit, the background has that generic beige color in the background?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep.

Seems like they went through a period on Season 3 or so where a lot of inserts used a red background.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I noticed seasons 2 and 3 often had orange backgrounds.

Case in point:

cjd874

Reaction score
I've noticed that many SS characters have rarely mentioned other characters with whom they share a performer. It's obvious that these characters don't share scenes together very often, but still...back in the day, it was rare to see pairings like Big Bird/Oscar or Biff/Herry Monster in the same scene with dialogue, but it was just as rare for one to even reference the other. Even into the 2000s, Elmo rarely talked about Natasha or Wolfgang the Seal (all three were performed by Kevin Clash), and Cookie Monster rarely talked about Baby Bear (both being performed by David Rudman).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Big Bird and Oscar in scenes together, or discussing the other isn't uncommon.

And there was an interesting bit of dialogue when Ernie and Bert go camping, and Ernie hears a frog croaking, to which he asks Bert, "Does that remind you of anybody we know?"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've noticed that many SS characters have rarely mentioned other characters with whom they share a performer. It's obvious that these characters don't share scenes together very often, but still...back in the day, it was rare to see pairings like Big Bird/Oscar or Biff/Herry Monster in the same scene with dialogue, but it was just as rare for one to even reference the other. Even into the 2000s, Elmo rarely talked about Natasha or Wolfgang the Seal (all three were performed by Kevin Clash), and Cookie Monster rarely talked about Baby Bear (both being performed by David Rudman).
Heck, I feel like I can only recall one scene out of all the episodes i've watched, where Cookie Monster and Baby Bear actually interact.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking of which, it makes me wish there was one skit where Ernie and Kermit could have talked to each other. Pity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Frank's characters have interacted with each other from time to time. They even did a song together:

Take a look at the comments wondering how Frank could have done all three characters at once.