The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My whole family smoked, all my aunts, uncles, grandparents. But back in the 70's it was common for just about everybody to smoke. Didn't make it right, but society deemed it acceptable back then.
Every family gathering, when it was over, it was always a chore emptying out the ashtrays.
So growing up around tobacco didn't bother me. Until my twenties, and then you could smell it on other people. Nasty, gets into your skin, your clothes smell, not nice.
The one habit I never picked up. Tried twice, maybe took five puffs before calling it quits.

Weed? Well, that's different, but you don't smell like a dirty ashtray.

Funny enough, lighting matches always reminded of candles, reminded me of birthday cake, so cigarette smoke was considered normal.
Not anymore, now it seems wretched.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Remember when ciggarretes were okay to advertise on TV?

Neither do I.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So the book I ordered arrived today. I was so happy...until my mom started in with, "You know, you could have written that. You need to put these hobbies of yours to some use."

I've had the book for all of two minutes, and now I don't even want to look at it.....

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Had another stroke today at school and I'm going back into hospital

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'd also recommend getting a blood pressure check up. Those can contribute to strokes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to take blood pressure medication every day - if I forget, next thing I know when I'm in bed trying to sleep, my entire body from head to toe starts throbbing violently.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I’m trying to find this one picture in OneDrive that I know wasn’t deleted, but now I cannot find it.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Well, job hunting since I moved is not going well at all. I was supposed to go to a working interview tomorrow, but the vet clinic called me and saying that the interview was cancelled and they were "not hiring at this time" because they had a new doctor hired! That's the second time that's ever happened to me! Why do you interview me if it turns out you're "not hiring"?

One other place I interviewed at pretty much rejected me on the spot because I "didn't have enough experience"! It's like job hunting in South Carolina all over again! It took me three years to get my first job, I really, really hope that it doesn't take that long this time!