The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, job hunting since I moved is not going well at all. I was supposed to go to a working interview tomorrow, but the vet clinic called me and saying that the interview was cancelled and they were "not hiring at this time" because they had a new doctor hired! That's the second time that's ever happened to me! Why do you interview me if it turns out you're "not hiring"?
I think that's essentially their way of telling you they think you're not right for the job without coming right out and telling you they think you're not right for the job. I remember one time several years ago apply for a job, and then it was like a month later I received an email saying the same thing, that they were no longer hiring because they hired someone.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In spite of how they treat you, it does help to send a thank you note. Even if you think nothing else would come of it.

The dilemma of getting hired anywhere, it's not what you know but WHO you know. When you're young and just starting out, connections are few and far between. It seems like an uphill battle. But if you didn't give up last time, don't give up now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In spite of how they treat you, it does help to send a thank you note. Even if you think nothing else would come of it.
Yeah, I was instructed to do that after I received the rejection notice from the SS Puppeteer Workshop years ago . . . even though it was clearly just a mass email, but whatever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Opera isn't perfect, and it seems like most of their updates are based on Scrappy Mechanics . . . but honestly, it's the only browser I've found that looks and behaves similarly to IE . . . and I liked IE - I know it was unpopular, but it suited my internet needs in ways Firefox or Chrome can't.

Unfortunately, because I use YouTube regularly everyday, and Google intentionally messes YouTube up in other browsers to get you to switch to Chrome, I had to do just that specifically for YouTube; otherwise, I still use Opera for everything else except YouTube and other video sharing sites.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Then go back and add them again. It can't be that hard.

(I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just giving you advice)