The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watching all these duck videos on YouTube lately, I'm suddenly reminded, does anyone else remember a show that was on CN for a short while in the early 2000s, I'm pretty sure was called SITTING DUCKS? It wasn't a CN-original, but it was still an interesting series nonetheless, about a city where all the citizens were ducks, and the outskirts of town were inhabited by alligators that were always wanting to sneak into town and eat the ducks, but one of the alligators was actually secretly best friends with one of the ducks, so he'd help them thwart the rest of the alligators attempts and efforts. I even remember one particular episode where even the best friend alligator had to admit he occasionally had a hunger for ducks, and went into like AA-like withdrawls to the point that he started wearing a wristband that he'd snap on his wrist anytime he got hungry for duck.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Watching all these duck videos on YouTube lately, I'm suddenly reminded, does anyone else remember a show that was on CN for a short while in the early 2000s, I'm pretty sure was called SITTING DUCKS? It wasn't a CN-original, but it was still an interesting series nonetheless, about a city where all the citizens were ducks, and the outskirts of town were inhabited by alligators that were always wanting to sneak into town and eat the ducks, but one of the alligators was actually secretly best friends with one of the ducks, so he'd help them thwart the rest of the alligators attempts and efforts. I even remember one particular episode where even the best friend alligator had to admit he occasionally had a hunger for ducks, and went into like AA-like withdrawls to the point that he started wearing a wristband that he'd snap on his wrist anytime he got hungry for duck.
Actually, now that you mention it, I do remember it just vaguely. It's one of those things that I haven't even remotely thought of for years until you brought it up. I think I remember it being on CN around 2004-ish. I just kind of recall a CGI alligator and a white duck that looked a bit like the main character from Duckman. And I remember the theme song sounded kind of like this:

That's all I remember about it though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that's it, lol. Matter of fact, found the intro!

Come to think of it, there's full episodes on YouTube. . . . I probably should have just checked there first, lol.

Schfifty

Reaction score
So apparently, when Cow and Chicken used to air on Cartoon Cartoon Fridays back in the day (2000-01), unlike the other shows, it tended to have its opening theme removed. Is there a reason why, other than being cut just for time? I mean, if you're a fan of the show, wouldn't you like to see the intro every time?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think because during that time, COW AND CHICKEN was played in a shuffle format like old Hanna-Barbera or Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies were since they had split up C&C and I AM WEASEL into separate shows the year before, so they would just randomize three segments in during the half-hour as opposed to playing the show in its original format of two C&C segments and its accompanying IMW segment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, check this out, this is amazing:

You can tell that a lot of passion and effort was put into this, and not only is it actually really well done for a fan film, but some of the young actors were really good in their parts: the guy playing Eddy was the best, he was totally spot on in terms of voice, inflections, mannerisms, attitude, and all points in between; the guy playing Ed was pretty good too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thinking back on old CN shows, very few of them even bothered with continuity of any kind (ED, EDD N EDDY's continuity was actually pretty impressive for a kids cartoon), but I think the one that perhaps had the worst continuity of any kind was Billy and Mandy. Sure, there were some examples of continuity nods, like Nergal and Aunt Sis getting married and birthing Son of Nergal, but I mean like take Grim for example: either he could eat and drink with no problems, or he couldn't eat or drink at all because he had no stomach. Also, I remember Grim would shower in the morning, but there was one occasion where he apparently had never bathed before but really enjoyed it. And take a look at this:
In less than a minute, Billy goes from knowing what brains are to not knowing what brains are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some epic fails from eBay. . . .

Courage the Cowardly Dog? More like Courage the Zombie Valkyrie.

Why is Creepy Muriel lying in a seductive pose?

I've seen some bootleg stuff before, but man, what is this?

Courage and Katz slash on a shower curtain? What? Why? What?