Moby Dick

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think I can see a little into the springs and motives which being cunningly presented to me under various disguises, induced me to set about performing the part I did, besides cajoling me into the delusion that it was a choice resulting from my own unbiased freewill and discriminating judgment.
Sounds like progress!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Not ignoring what is good, I am quick to perceive a horror, and could still be social with it -- would they let me -- since it is but well to be on friendly terms with all the inmates of the place one lodges in.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
By reason of these things, then, the whaling voyage was welcome, the great flood-gates of the wonder-world swung open, and, in the wild conceits that swayed me to my purpose, two and two there floated into my inmost soul, endless processions of the whale, and, mid most of them all, one grand hooded phantom, like a snow hill in the air.

Censored

Reaction score
Ok, I'll admit that he's posting a little bit more from Moby Dick than I thought he would. But it definitely won't be the whole thing. There's just no way.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
CHAPTER II.
The Carpet-Bag.

I stuffed a shirt or two into my old carpet-bag, tucked it under my arm, and started for Cape Horn and the Pacific.