Good Morning America Muppet Babies teaser...

mr3urious

Reaction score
No Skeeter!
I'm more broken up about the lack of Rowlf and Scooter, who were there since the musical number that birthed them in MTM. Skeeter less so, seeing as how she was essentially created to fill a personality quota and has barely existed outside of the show, as Drtooth said many times in the past.

Hopefully we can still see R&S as supporting characters alongside Bunsen & Beaker.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I mentioned the thought of how Disney always feels the need to create a new Muppet character with every new Muppet production. Which is a shame because the classic characters get pushed to the side.
I can see it now, Summer becomes the star the other Muppets are pushed to the side. It's already happening with the lack of Scooter and Rowlf.

I give this show two months, and then it's canceled only to be replaced with a Summer spin off.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I mentioned the thought of how Disney always feels the need to create a new Muppet character with every new Muppet production. Which is a shame because the classic characters get pushed to the side.
I can see it now, Summer becomes the star the other Muppets are pushed to the side. It's already happening with the lack of Scooter and Rowlf.

I give this show two months, and then it's canceled only to be replaced with a Summer spin off.
Jumping to conclusions much? Sure, we had Walter, but I don't remember him hogging the spotlight in the two movies he had a major part in, yet after that, he just disappeared. I doubt Summer is going to be the same just because three characters aren't in it. If anything, I would like Summer to appear in grown-up Muppet form just so Disney can do more with her, unlike Walter and even Skeeter.

Plus, getting cancelled all of a sudden? Pfft! It's a preschool show! Those are guaranteed to have at least 2 seasons because it's such a lucrative market to the point of oversaturation.

Remaining cautiously optimistic here, the biggest worry to me about this reboot is that it tries to be like Dora, and judging by the brief clips shown, it doesn't seem to be the case. Would really like to see some Star Wars or Indiana Jones footage, too, so I'm hoping we see them come the show's premiere.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Skeeter less so, seeing as how she was essentially created to fill a personality quota and has barely existed outside of the show, as Drtooth said many times in the past.
I never really liked Skeeter all that much, I always thought she detracted screen time from other main characters.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Ehhhh... I dunno, I try to be optimistic with all reboots, but this just isn't striking my fancy yet. I'll reserve full judgement for the first few full episodes, but it just screams "preschool" to me. Which, isn't bad, persay (that's the demographic, so), but shows like Sesame (in it's heyday, imo) and Blue's Clues pulled off an entertaining atmosphere for all ages - sincerely hoping this is one of those cases.

Piggy's new voice, honestly, I seem to prefer to the original MB. Kermit, not so much.

Really liking the animation, though - nice mix of CG and how traditional puppetry looks... oh, and Gonzo is as cute as ever.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Ugh, I guess anything Muppets is good at this point. She looks like a cross between the Orange Bird and a Backyardigans character.

The animation looks nice. Fozzie looks like an actual puppet.