The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's already been done. A short film from 1956 called "The Red Balloon". Done in French, but precious little dialogue, so there's no need for subtitles.
Worth watching. The balloon is very loyal to the boy (named Pascal) waits for him to come home from school, and the balloon brings a little color to a drab postwar Paris.
Won't give away the ending, but if you like balloons, it might bring a tear to your eye.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know a lot of people are quick to note the similarities between Elmo and Baby Sinclair's voices, but am I the only one who thinks Baby Sinclair's voice actually sounds more like it's somewhere in between Elmo and Kingston Livingston?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Balloons popping only made me sad as a kid since their time was up.... But yeah, it certainly is startling...
In the early days of Sesame, popping balloons were common.
I felt bad for Ernie when Grover popped his stash.
Ernie's imaginary balloon that wakes up Bert and sends a seismic wave throughout the room.
Various cartoons (usually including birds using their beaks to pop them).
And the biggest offender of all, the guy pumping up the balloon demonstrating More and Less.
Anytime any of these clips came on, I had to turn the volume way down.
Loud noises like balloons popping made me a nervous wreck. So how did I cope with it? JOINED A BAND!!!!!! Brilliant! 8)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

In spite of how he is now..... Am I the only one who thinks Trump was.... Pretty normal back in the day?

Sometimes I wonder if he just wasn't showing his true colors at the time, but other times I wonder if maybe age and drugs just caught up with him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's been the subject of discussion quite often, is that there once upon a time when Trump could actually speak intelligently and articulately . . . now, medical experts are saying that he's got the vocabulary of a fourth-grader.

It's being speculated that he's slipping into dementia or Alzheimer's or something. I, personally, wonder if he's on the autism spectrum, given that a lot of his behavior is very, very similar to many of these so-called Sesame Brats on YouTube (and someone here who will attack you if you say anything remotely critical of Disney).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yes, because we can't trigger the hardcore Disney fanboy.

Donald having autism? Hhmm...... Honestly, I wouldn't pass it off as impossible.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was an episode of the Celebrity Apprentice (I can't even remember who was involved) where the teams built Muppet Whatnots, put on skits, and Brian Henson judged them.
One of the celebrities really got into it, and even impressed Brian. That takes some doing.

So for Six Degrees of Separation between Trump and Jim Henson (despite Tough Pigs' objections) this is as close as you'll ever get.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's being speculated that he's slipping into dementia or Alzheimer's or something. I, personally, wonder if he's on the autism spectrum, given that a lot of his behavior is very, very similar to many of these so-called Sesame Brats on YouTube (and someone here who will attack you if you say anything remotely critical of Disney).
I don't think it's autism, and if it is then he had a really good publicist in the 80s and 90s. But, if it is autism, why wouldn't he have shown signs before? Autism is a spectrum and effects different people in different ways, but it's not some degenerative mental illness.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So.... This is probably going to sound very odd, but um...

Am I the only one who's driven to a spot in my car.... Just to sleep?