Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Can I stress how perfect Stephanie is as Prarie Dawn? Like, she is perfect in every way, shape, and form as Prarie. One of the best recasts we've had in a while.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So they are, indeed, still using Segi despite Joey's departure . . . but her voice sounds noticably different: it sounds more like a generic child's voice, as opposed to that more urban-flavored voice she's had in the past.
That's because it's not Segi. It's actually a suspiciously similar looking substitute named Gabrielle:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4812

Interesting that they're doing another parody of the musical Hair. Last time it was about Zoe's hair:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They probably just went with a new girl out of respect (I guess) for Joey. Segi was his creation, essentially for his daughter, and it makes sense that he would be the one to create stuff for her, but now that he's gone, eh, make a new girl (at least they could've changed the nose color. Literally all that's different is the hairstyle and the eyelids).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They probably just went with a new girl out of respect (I guess) for Joey. Segi was his creation, essentially for his daughter, and it makes sense that he would be the one to create stuff for her, but now that he's gone, eh, make a new girl (at least they could've changed the nose color. Literally all that's different is the hairstyle and the eyelids).
And even the hair, Segi changed it, that was literally her signature thing.
Yeah, there's no way the average viewer is going to know it's a different character.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Can I stress how perfect Stephanie is as Prarie Dawn? Like, she is perfect in every way, shape, and form as Prarie. One of the best recasts we've had in a while.
I’m loving that Prairie is being featured again, especially in a street story. She let her hair grow out a bit.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Definitely Matt. You can hear that sort of nasal-quality in the voice.

So they are, indeed, still using Segi despite Joey's departure . . . but her voice sounds noticably different: it sounds more like a generic child's voice, as opposed to that more urban-flavored voice she's had in the past.
Yes, Matt’s gotten so good with Bird that it’s getting harder to distinguish.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I’m loving that Prairie is being featured again, especially in a street story. She let her hair grow out a bit.
I honestly think Stephanie's doing a better job with Prarie than Jen has with Zoe; I don't really think Jen has nailed it with Zoe's voice or mannerisms.

Then again, I never really cared for Zoe all that much.