When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was when I was at PBS. Granted, I know I was legally still a kid, and therefore that whole Child Labor Law was at play, but given how frequently I used in the studio for various different production tasks, such as camerawork and what have you, you'd think they could at least bump me up to a part-time position.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You ever had one of those days you honestly just don't feel like getting out of bed?

Today is one of those days, and it really sucks. Because it basically reminds you of something that's bugging you alot. In this case, just with how crummy this week has been.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel like that more and more lately, it's been going on for a couple of years now, and I honestly don't know if it's because I have a tendancy to stay up later than I intend to, or if it's the insomnia I have, or if it's even some kind of a combination of a lot of things.

It's really bizarre, because I usually get like this every year during the spring because I hate DST so much and have trouble adjusting to the time and the sun rising earlier, but it goes beyond that anymore.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So yeah.

At this point, I'm sadly convinced I'm going to have to already look for another job alongside my current internship despite the fact that it doesn't end until May, because when I'm needed in is at random, and right now it's put on hault because my boss needs to look over the current footage to determine the order of the flow for their 3 year anniversary at mobile cuts, which has been stressing me out from feeling unproductive. Which also means more stress of looking for a job and possibly conflicting with my schedule with them.

And honestly it's getting to the point where I feel like I'm just sick of dealing with stress. Obviously bad things happen, but honestly I dealt with way too much stress throughout 2017 and just want a break from it this year. All it does is just puts negativity on my body and it's getting to that point where I literally have the urge to just pick up a ton of ciggarretes and start smoking away.

You know, I'm glad we have this thread, because I feel so much more comfortable ranting about stuff here than on a site like, oh, ******* Facebook.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So as a follow-up to my last rant:

So, it turned out my boss' grandma was in the hospital, which was why he hadn't gotten back to me with regards to the editing with the footage I currently got at mobile cuts. I did feel bad for not knowing and getting stressed, but even then, I feel like a little update definitely would have been nice because I'm not the type of person who likes to play cat and mouse, in terms of having to go chasing after you.

And not only that, but today my boss mentioned he was looking over the footage for the clips to determine what times he wanted to use for the editing process.... And he didn't get back to me again at all today. Which frustrated me because it felt like my time was being wasted.

At this point, even if it means more god-awful job hunting, I'll be satisfied if my internship ends early because all this waiting and waiting lately has just been putting nothing but stress on me and making me feel unproductive. And thankfully there are some other volunteer jobs that I can put on my resume for video stuff.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So as a follow-up to my last rant:

So, it turned out my boss' grandma was in the hospital, which was why he hadn't gotten back to me with regards to the editing with the footage I currently got at mobile cuts. I did feel bad for not knowing and getting stressed, but even then, I feel like a little update definitely would have been nice because I'm not the type of person who likes to play cat and mouse, in terms of having to go chasing after you.

And not only that, but today my boss mentioned he was looking over the footage for the clips to determine what times he wanted to use for the editing process.... And he didn't get back to me again at all today. Which frustrated me because it felt like my time was being wasted.

At this point, even if it means more god-awful job hunting, I'll be satisfied if my internship ends early because all this waiting and waiting lately has just been putting nothing but stress on me and making me feel unproductive. And thankfully there are some other volunteer jobs that I can put on my resume for video stuff.
Are you thinking of getting a permanent job or just sticking to a volunteer one?