The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
This song brings back amazing memories to me. It was the first song my mom ever played for me when I was a baby, she used to sing it to me when she put me to bed and play it as I fell asleep. I consider this to be the anthem of my early childhood and I've always had soft spot for the song for that reason. Now whenever my mom isn't feeling well, I'll play the song for her as a way to thank her for all of the wonderful memories she gave me back then. In addition to Sesame Street and Teletubbies, this song was truly one of my first memories.
Aww, that's nice. When I was a baby, my favorite lullaby was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I'll be honest.

I've had alot on my mind since last week and I've been listening to some sad music.

Case in point....

Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down....

The Joy Williams version because **** the original.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The Joy Williams version because **** the original.
Agreed.

I also love The Beatles' song of the same name; a fine R&B gem:

I believe the great Billy Preston played on that as well, and had a gem of his own:

This kinda seems like a song the Muppets could've done; has that "sun going down"-type feeling.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I love this song and think it's absolutely beautiful but it always makes me tear up because it was played at the funeral of my close friend's dad. But that memory doesn't keep me from listening to this hauntingly beautiful song right here.
"Funny when your dead how people start listening,". That line gives me chills every time because it's true. Many celebrities become more famous after they die. Take Tom Petty for example. I'm a huge fan of his and almost nobody was talking about him until he passed away then I quickly began to notice that Tom Petty was all the rage again. It's sad but also very true.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I briefly put on Family Guy while waiting for a new episode of Robot Chicken to come on not long ago and this song has been in my head ever since. Also, if your wondering which episode this song was in, it was called "Pilling Them Softly" and was from season 14 I believe. The only other parts I remember were a hilarious I Love Lucy homage and a scene where Mr. Spacely from The Jetsons shows up to yell at Peter.